cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BT TV and BT Sports

I don't know if it's just me getting old, but I am fed up with receiving emails from BT telling me my contract is about to expire and they have some great deals just for me! Now, I know that my TV and Sports contract expires in September and my Broadband, next February. I have no particular wish to accept any of the TV/Sports offerings as they require a  24 month contract for broadband. I presume that means that if I accept one of their offerings, I will have contract(s) for all 3 services running from the date when I make my decision about TV/Sports packages. My question really is - since I rarely get the chance of watching Sports and therefore want to cancel it, what happens if I don't accept one of BT's offerings but wait until my TV/Sports contract expires - when, presumably, I can cancel my Sports subscription? Does anyone know what BT does when you are out of contract?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT TV and BT Sports

You can opt out of marketing, it's optional but some are decent offers, depending on the household.

@PeterButwrote:

I presume that means that if I accept one of their offerings, I will have contract(s) for all 3 services running from the date when I make my decision about TV/Sports packages. 

Yes, renewing BT Sport would renew the BTTV and in turn the broadband, any existing contracts are removed and replaced with the new changes.

@PeterButwrote:

My question really is - since I rarely get the chance of watching Sports and therefore want to cancel it, what happens if I don't accept one of BT's offerings but wait until my TV/Sports contract expires - when, presumably, I can cancel my Sports subscription? Does anyone know what BT does when you are out of contract?

When an existing contract ends, you go on a rolling 30 day contract, you can give 30 days notice to remove what you no longer require, if you do nothing the services remains active but without any previous discounts that were in placed.

0 Ratings