cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

BT TV - is NOW Alibi content limited?

Go to solution

Hi, I have BT landline phone and broadband, and noticed a special offer for BT TV including NOW Entertainment and Netflix.

Can I watch BT TV Now/Netflix in catchup mode on a Roku box please, or do I need another box for that?

Does BT TV NOW include the Alibi channel with Rizzoli & Isles, Major Crimes, Whiskey Cavalier?

Regular NowTV (not via BT TV) recently added Alibi, but that is quite limited in what TV shows it has, for instance not the three example shows I mentioned above.

If BT TV Now does include those particular shows on Alibi and I can watch them on my Roku box then I might subscribe, but not if it's the same as NOWTV i.e. very limited.

Thank you in advance.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT TV - is NOW Alibi content limited?

Go to solution

Now membership is included in various BT TV packages. Where part of the BT TV package the channels are available on the BT TV box EPG (guide) as multicast channels and  programming can be recorded on the box and  played back at a later date provided you still have  the relevant subscription AND the channel is still part of the NOW membership.

The relevant Now membership is considered by Now as billed by BT but the entitlement to the Now players that are available would be the same as if you were billed direct with Now. The content on the Now players would be maintained by Now and be delivered using the normal Now streaming processes.

You could of course  with the relevant Bt tv subscription record the programmes you mention that you can’t get on demand and the recordings would be viewable at a later date ( assuming that you still have the BT Tv subscription and the channel is still include within that Now membership.)

Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you for explaining @zulu17 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Major Crimes is not available via the Alibi on demand/catch up. As I have looked for that show. As was going to watch it. For I have not seen most of the episodes. 
It seems some show are not available via on demand/catch up.

Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

I saw Major Crimes was on Alibi in July, and I could watch it live via NOW, but it's vanished now.

See https://alibi.uktv.co.uk/shows/major-crimes/

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

I believe with most tv streaming 'catch up' services (regardless of service or platform) you only have a certain window in which shows will remain available to watch. As for On Demand programming, it can simply come and go at any time depending on the contracts held at any given time.

Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

I didn't mark this as Solved, not sure who did?

I wanted to give a concrete example. Alibi is said to include Deception - https://alibi.uktv.co.uk/shows/deception/

This is apparently showing today, according to that webpage. So it's clearly not an expired show on Alibi.

But it is impossible to find Deception on searching NowTV. Why?

Is Deception available on NowTV if you subscribe via BT?  I have a separate NowTV subscription and am considering signing up via BT's offering, but I still can't figure out why Deception can't be found on NowTV.

Is it only available live, not via catchup? The webpage https://www.bt.com/tv/on-demand/now-tv/alibi-tv-channel-whats-on-top-shows-series-how-to-watch-strea... says "Catch up on Alibi TV programmes with the UKTV Play app" - not NowTV.

So I'm completely confused. If I take up BT's offer, will they send me a set top box that allows me to watch all Alibi shows on demand, via NowTV or UKTV Play app, presumably both included with the box?

Or will it all be a waste of time? All I want is to be able to watch the full range of Alibi programmes currently available, but on a catchup basis. At this rate I'll give up and just go for Acorn!

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Only UKTV themselves would be able to answer your query, they're responsible for the rights & what's available on all platforms

Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

@YevIt was a moderator who marked this thread as 'solved' and as @garybs29 says you would need to ask UKTV to give you their stance re your query. It is up to each programme provider, in this case UKTV, to decide how their Catch up / On Demand programming is distributed.

0 Ratings