cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

BT TV not connecting to internet

Go to solution

2days ago my by box has refused to connect to the Internet. It is connected to my router and I can see it on the home hub interface. I have tried fixed ips and placed it into the DMZ as a test but I cannot get any connection. Any more ideas?

Due to this I cannot access any of the bt content I pay for. 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT TV not connecting to internet

Go to solution

Hi @stresiden, sorry that your BT TV box is not connecting for you. Is your BT TV box connected to the hub via Ethernet cable? If not would you be able to test with one?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

The box is connected to the router though a power line adapter. This is definitely working as I have tested the 2nd port with another device. 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

If your hub is the SH2 then restart it (no need for factory reset)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
The hub is the home hub 5 and has been reset a number of times (not factory reset). I have switched the TV box on and off at the back switch a number of times too
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Is the background colour grey or green when you view the connection in My Network in advanced settings on the hub

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

The background is grey. 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

If the background is grey, then the box is not connected to the hub, what you can see is an historic connection.

As much as you probably don't want to, the best thing you can do is to take whatever measures necessary to make it possible to temporarily connect the box to the hub by ethernet cable.

I note that you have tested the powerline adaptor with another device but that means nothing unless the other device utilizes multicast which it probably doesn't. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

I've just tried plugging tohe box direct into the router with a ethernet cable and I'm getting the exact same behaviour. Still connecting to the router but no connection to the Internet 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @stresiden, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT TV service, I'd recommend trying a factory reset of the TV box ensuring to choose the option to keep your recordings. Post back and let us know if that helps?

0 Ratings