cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT TV

I’ve recently taken on BT Fibre without BT TV. Looking at the website I can  get BT TV Entertainment, with now tv entertainment, and Netflix for £20. I already have now tv and Netflix subscriptions. It says I can transfer them over to BT billing so it all available through the box. But does this mean I’ll be charged the £20 for the BT TV box and also the subs fees for my now and Netflix subs that I have transferred over?  Or am I best off cancelling Netflix and now tv then getting BT TV with the now and Netflix subs included?  Sorry if it’s obvious I just can’t seem to find out a definitive answer!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT TV

Hi @Cfyb 

When you join they provide links for you to sign in with your existing account details. NowTV and Netflix will stop billing you directly and this will be included as part of your BT subscription.

You also use the BT website to upgrade or manage these subscriptions.

MikeAlanR

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@Cfyb  You’re probably already paying less than £20 for Netflix and NOW Entertainment by subscribing to them directly and using your own devices. Why would you want to subscribe via BTTV? The only advantages that I can see would be that you would gain access to AMC channel and Discovery channel and all of the NOW Entertainment channels would also be on the EPG and be recordable. You would also be able to change to any of the other flexible BTTV packages.

If you really want BTTV you might be better waiting for an offer to come along which gives you a better price than is currently available. Also when you subscribe it will be for a 24 month contract and your broadband will renew for 24 months too.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I'm holding out for the next BT TV deal and am checking every couple of days, due to having the recordable box included.

Currently have Now TV as a substitute to Sky Multiroom for Sky Stream.

Had taken out a deal with Sky for Stream and broadband but their broadband was not good enough for me, so took advantage when their prices were getting changed to move back to BT for broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Think I’ll have to wait for the next deal to come out. Was with virgin before, paying for loads of channels I didn’t watch and a BB that was meh, and didn’t think I’d miss the ability to pause and rewind live tv. Obviously I was wrong about that last bit!  Even thinking about buying a Humax PVR!  New to the community so thanks for everyone’s replies. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there’s a deal available next month. There was last April and we took up the £6 offer for Entertainment which is currently £20 ( although Discovery channel has been added since we took our offer). We’ve been fortunate that our BT Pro tv box has performed very well, although I appreciate that others have had more than their fare share of issues.

0 Ratings