cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT essential TV - but no BT sport??

Hi,

I've just signed up to BT essential TV, unlimited broadband and weekend phone calls.

The site said that I received free BT sports (1,2 & europe) with BT TV.  After installation, I had no sports (not even sports 1), until I phoned up and complained.  I was told I only get sport pack (1,2, europe etc) with Infinity, and was given sports lite (only BT sport 1).

I've since been on the bt site and found a page stating that BT sports 1, 2 and europe is FREE on BT TV essential package with normail broadband (i.e. non-infinity), I pay £5 a month for the TV because I wanted the sport.  Is anyone able to confirm if I get sports pack free with normal broadband and TV essentials package?  Thanks

Liz

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT essential TV - but no BT sport??

@lizorchard72 Yes you can get BT sports free with BT TV if you have a TV subscription and are within a minimum contract period for your BT broadband.  

If you need any help getting this sorted please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT essential TV - but no BT sport??

For BT Sport on BT TV over standard broadband you need a minimum estimated connection speed of 5.25Mbps and the Copper Multicast service needs to be available for your line.

Try your phone number in this checker. Check the results for ADSL speed estimates and the Copper Multicast service.

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm

BTTV-Multicast-Checker.jpg

0 Ratings