cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristopherPovey
Aspiring Expert
Message 61 of 390

Re: BT has announced its new packages for BT Sport for the ‘15/16 season.

@Scottyboy99 wrote:

I am an Infinity 2 customer but my TV viewing is with Sky. I currently get BT Sport free. I deduce that to get the full range of channels I need to pay an extra £5 a month. What is not at all clear to me though is how I go about arranging it? Do I do it through Sky (pay them the extra £5) or do I have to contact BT?

It's a bit confusing. I sincerely hope that if I do pay the £5 that it will mean I get the BT sport channels on all my sky boxes as part of my multi room subscription. Under the current setup I only got BT Sport to our main designated box and not the others which was a bit lame.

From the email I got I think it works thus:

You are a BT Internet Customer. Currently you get all BT Sport channels for free. After 31 July we will charge you 5 quid a month for the same channels. If you don't want this you have to downgrade to BT Sport Lite. You only get BT Sport 1 then.

So you either do nothing, see you bill go up 5 quid a month and watch (all the BT Sport channels) or you make the effort to  downgrade and lose all but BT Sports 1.

Simples. 🙂

Chris.
0 Ratings
ChristopherPovey
Aspiring Expert
Message 62 of 390

@Hunter2660 wrote:

Good grief, football or no football a fiver a month is pretty good value for 3 sports channels. Take a look at what Sky subscribers are paying!!! Even on Now TV it's £10 for just one week.

Yes, but lets be brutally honest here. BT Sports football coverage is Sunday League to Sky's Premier League! I wouldn't pay for it that's for sure.

Chris.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
ChrisR6262
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 390

Response to Forzamwb

Is there anymore news on receiving this new channel on BT TV via ADSL? Infinity not available here otherwise I'd have it. A few pages back someone tried it and had a message saying it was infinity only. I'll be disappointed if it is. Yeah I can watch via the app and connect to my TV but it's a bit of a faff.

I am in the same position in getting Copper Broadband only due to Infinity not being enabled but recontracted my BT Broadband & BT TV yesterday (just a coincidence this was the same day as the announcements, my 12-month minimum term was up although I had been holding off to see the lie of the land post-announcements) and I made sure to ask this on the call and was reassured that provided I could get the existing BT Sports channels through copper multicast (which I do with a very good 21MB speed) then this would also apply to BT Sport Europe. No reason to assume this also wouldn't apply to the extra channels as these are just "additional" BT Sport Extra Channels (which we get one of at present) I then got my order confirmation which I've provided exerpts from below - additional reassurance that BT Sport Europe will work over copper multicast as the email is specifically tailored that way (SD only, can't record another internet channel at the same time etc - exactly as at present)

The actual channel 409 doesn't appear on my Youview box at present but I can only assume the  "Infinity only" message is a mistake - there's no reason why it should be.

About your BT Sport Pack

You'll still be able to watch:
BT Sport 1 on channel 408
BT Sport Europe (from 1 August 2015) on channel 409
BT Sport 2 on channel 410
BT Sport//ESPN on channel 411

Don't miss out with BT Sport Extra

With our in-game alerts, exclusive to BT TV, you won't miss a UEFA Champions League goal (take a look at bt.com/help/nevermissagoal). And when we've got clashes - including when we're showing up to eight UEFA Champions League games a night - we'll show some of that great content on BT Sport Extra. To find it, just press the red button on your remote whenever the red button appears on the screen, then choose what you want to watch.

You need broadband to watch some of your channels

You'll get most of your TV channels through your aerial, but you'll also get BT Sport through your broadband.

To watch BT Sport, your set-top box and BT Home Hub need to be up and running and connected with an Ethernet cable (these channels won't work properly if you connect your box and Hub using broadband extenders)

How to watch BT Sport

You'll find BT Sport in your TV guide between channels 408 and 411.

You can only watch or record one BT Sport channel at a time and they aren't available in HD

ChristopherPovey
Aspiring Expert
Message 64 of 390

Interesting. Just tried to "downgrade" to BT Sport Lite, but you can only do it if you lock yourself into another 12 month contract to BT Broadband, otherwise you have to pay 6 quid once your contract ends, The great BT rip off!

Chris.
0 Ratings
forzamwb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 65 of 390

ChrisR6262 wrote:

Response to Forzamwb

Is there anymore news on receiving this new channel on BT TV via ADSL? Infinity not available here otherwise I'd have it. A few pages back someone tried it and had a message saying it was infinity only. I'll be disappointed if it is. Yeah I can watch via the app and connect to my TV but it's a bit of a faff.

I am in the same position in getting Copper Broadband only due to Infinity not being enabled but recontracted my BT Broadband & BT TV yesterday (just a coincidence this was the same day as the announcements, my 12-month minimum term was up although I had been holding off to see the lie of the land post-announcements) and I made sure to ask this on the call and was reassured that provided I could get the existing BT Sports channels through copper multicast (which I do with a very good 21MB speed) then this would also apply to BT Sport Europe. No reason to assume this also wouldn't apply to the extra channels as these are just "additional" BT Sport Extra Channels (which we get one of at present) I then got my order confirmation which I've provided exerpts from below - additional reassurance that BT Sport Europe will work over copper multicast as the email is specifically tailored that way (SD only, can't record another internet channel at the same time etc - exactly as at present)

The actual channel 409 doesn't appear on my Youview box at present but I can only assume the  "Infinity only" message is a mistake - there's no reason why it should be.

About your BT Sport Pack

You'll still be able to watch:
BT Sport 1 on channel 408
BT Sport Europe (from 1 August 2015) on channel 409
BT Sport 2 on channel 410
BT Sport//ESPN on channel 411

Don't miss out with BT Sport Extra

With our in-game alerts, exclusive to BT TV, you won't miss a UEFA Champions League goal (take a look at bt.com/help/nevermissagoal). And when we've got clashes - including when we're showing up to eight UEFA Champions League games a night - we'll show some of that great content on BT Sport Extra. To find it, just press the red button on your remote whenever the red button appears on the screen, then choose what you want to watch.

You need broadband to watch some of your channels

You'll get most of your TV channels through your aerial, but you'll also get BT Sport through your broadband.

To watch BT Sport, your set-top box and BT Home Hub need to be up and running and connected with an Ethernet cable (these channels won't work properly if you connect your box and Hub using broadband extenders)

How to watch BT Sport

You'll find BT Sport in your TV guide between channels 408 and 411.

You can only watch or record one BT Sport channel at a time and they aren't available in HD

Thanks for the info Chris. Appreciate it.

0 Ratings
sps1013
Aspiring Expert
Message 66 of 390

Sorry, can ChristopherPovey just elaborate.

If you are in contract for infinity but choose not to pay £5 for the whole lot and elect for sport lite, you are tied in to a further 12 months?

If so that is absolutely disgraceful.
0 Ratings
ChristopherPovey
Aspiring Expert
Message 67 of 390

Yep, it seems that unless you sign up for 12 month contract every 12 months you will be charged fo BT Sport Lite even if you don't move!
Chris.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 68 of 390

So the important question. Is there an easy way to cancel BT Sports?

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 69 of 390

@ChristopherPovey wrote:
Yep, it seems that unless you sign up for 12 month contract every 12 months you will be charged fo BT Sport Lite even if you don't move!

Isn't it strange how these new tactics are catching on?  Smiley Indifferent

It's not just BT.

In the past it was "you don't have to anything. We'll take the money out of your account (pocket), and your service will continue as normal".

Now it's a case of "unless you do something, we'll take even more money out of your account (pocket), and your service will continue as normal".

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 70 of 390

I've been told in another thread that letters will go out and these will include cancellation information. I'd rather be able to just do it now. I don't trust BT (or any big company for that matter) to make options like that in any way easy for us.

0 Ratings