cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D-ave
Expert
Message 251 of 390

Re: BT has announced its new packages for BT Sport for the ‘15/16 season.

@umpire wrote:

"It is not £19.99 plus £4 for hd it is £23.99 and twelve months contract. This is the only way to get HD on the sky platform without BT broadband."

But those are the prices/terms for new BT Sport on Sky subscriptions. Existing SD or SD+HD subscribers surely won't have to re-contract will they? Their prices should probably just increase. I'm sure they'll all be getting emails about it any time soon so will find out.

Note: I'm talking about those paying the FULL price on Sky, not those on a discounted deal as BT Broadband customers.

There's nothing to recontract, as that only applies to the various advertised discounted offers involving BT broadband and BT TV customers. Everyone else paying for BT Sport via Sky box can cancel at the usual 30 days' notice.

But it's not practical to pick and choose your months, e.g. cancel then resubscribe, because there is an activation charge £30 payable each time you subscribe (covers the Sky card activation).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
frenchsirius
Contributor
Message 252 of 390

My case on this will be going to the telecoms ombudsmen,, BT customer service were incredibly rude includiing a man who shouted at me down the phone , talked over me and told me I was wrong about everything.

BT wrongly assume that because BTsport1,2 espn  was offered free that it has no value, this is incorrect , they value this product at 6.50 per month , it was offered as an inducement for 12months to lure people into signing broadband deals that they may not have done. 

Previous cases such as the Hoover " free flights " , have usually gone against the business concerned.

They told me to cancel all my contacts if I didn't like it , after 20 + years with them. I refused , which sent their CS agent mad.

I have a dossier of all their false and incorrect bills + crucially an email promising me BTsport 1,2, espn free for 12months, which they are removing 6 months into the contract.  There is no way out of this, no matter what they claim, I am sure the ombudsmen will find in my favour , but I will wait and see.

What they also fail to tell you and should, is that if BTsport was part of your broadband deal , they must release you from the whole contract BB, line rental and sports at no financial penalty to you within 30 days.  This would mean no return of vouchers, routers etc, no exit fee, and return of advance payments . minus the service you use.

BT claim that they have sent me a deadlock letter which could take 10days to arrive , presumably on the back of a snail.  It is also interesting that while one CS member told me I had been misled , and missold BT Sport , the other more senior CS agent refused to review the call and said that even if he did , it wouldn't make any difference.

Interesting isn't it. When I tried to downgrade I got to a point where it told me to renew my contract without giving any details of cost or expiry date, this is illegal and no one would be idiot enough to do that I hope. It then offered me BTSport HD all channels for £4 per month, without telling me that this would autoenrol me back into the full BT Sport package for £5 more per month.

This whole affair has left a bad smell hanging around BT, which I think they will take time to shift.

Message 253 of 390

I too am going to complain to the Ombudsman; it seems to me that BT are taking advantage of their captive audience to push an expensive upgrade which many subscribers don't want in an attempt to force those subscribers to switch phone provider to BT. 

As far as I am concerned they can take their expensive European football channel and shove it; my subscription gets cancelled tomorrow.

0 Ratings
StevieD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 254 of 390

I currently have a 12 month contract December 2014 to December 2015, BT line rental, BT Broadband & BT TV but I have had an e mail stating I will be charged £5 a month from the 1st of August because of the new BT Europe unless I sign up for a new 18 month contract then it would be free. Surely this cannot be correct ?
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 255 of 390

Im almost 7 weeks in to a new BT TV contract and I got an email from BT sayinng.

Changes to your BT Sport
Hello,
This season BT Sport is the only place you'll be able to watch the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League live. They're no longer on Sky Sports or ITV.
You'll find both competitions on our new BT Sport Europe. It's a brand new channel in your BT Sport Pack, which already includes the Barclays Premier League, The FA Cup, MotoGP™ and European rugby.
You don't need to do anything; you'll keep getting the BT Sport Pack for free and we'll write to you again if anything changes.
Thanks for choosing BT.

So to me it looks like I will be getting the full BT sports packge for free for the time being.

Hope some of the teams that I like win there qualifying rounds and get in to the Champions and Europa leauge proper. So I will have an intrest in watching.

Darren

0 Ratings
RJ414i
Contributor
Message 256 of 390

Earlier today i recontracted broadband and phone and added free caller display, and moved the sport over from the Sky box to a new BT TV contract.

I questioned the BT rep a couple of times on the new contract length, and was told on both occations it would be 18 months.

Email conformation came through a few minuets later stating 12 months on all aspects of the new contract.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 257 of 390

@ney,

How much of your BT broadband contract minimum term will be remaining on Aug 1st? Earlier in this thread the mod said you needed 12 months remaining on that date to qualify for the free BT Sport on BT TV. So some people might not need to re-contract as they are already tied in to broadband for all of season 3?
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 258 of 390

Will have about just under 9 months or so left on a 12 month contract for my Infinity 2  come August.

Darren

0 Ratings
PaulHanson
Contributor
Message 259 of 390

I was almost ten weeks into mine got the Email but had to renew to 18 months 😞 as I did not qualify for the Free BT Sport Pack with BT Europe left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth though when I had to renew my contract pay the £5 or cancel my sport package.

0 Ratings
dpc1979
Aspiring Contributor
Message 260 of 390

@PaulHanson Why renew then you have till 1st August before they charge so why make a decsion so soon. Your mouth is going to taste like a badgers **bleep** if customers start to get a better deal later on!