cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eddyad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 321 of 390

Re: BT has announced its new packages for BT Sport for the ‘15/16 season.

I have received an email regarding BT 4K sports broadcasts starting in August with the "Charity Shield". Bt are asking for a monthly fee of £15 a month (a 12 month contract then rising to £20 a month). A one fee for the new box, a set up fee, a fee for the return of the old box. I already pay BT £70 a month. I have a 4k TV but BT are being greedy so when my contract expires I may as well get ripped off by Sky as there is more HD content on there, meanwhile I will put up with HD on a 4k TV. Disappointed with the attempted rip off, but nice try, BT.Smiley Mad

andydakin
Message 322 of 390

Result.  Finally rang up today to cancel BT Sport's £5/month package.  Very pleasant lady on the other end of the phone immediately offered to reduce my broadband package by £5/month for 12 months, as well as making my sport and broadband packages run concurrently.

reality-bites
Beginner
Message 323 of 390

I also got a result, of sorts, and which was tied into other issues / complaints being dealt with. As part of the resolution I have had the 60 pounds (12 X £5 payment) credited to my account, even though BT continue to claim that they are entitled to raise prices at any point in the year. My argument is simple: a 100% price rise on a product sold as being free for a year is 100% of zero.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 324 of 390

Who says they have to apply a rise as a percentage? They can just add £5 if they want to.

Anyway the price you pay isn't £0.00, it's £13.50 with you also getting a £13.50 discount as a broadband customer. They can up the price, reduce the discount, or totally remove the discount if they want to.
reality-bites
Beginner
Message 325 of 390

Disagree, fundamentally. You can't offer a deal that provides a free product for 12 months and then begin charging for it. Well, you can of course; only that as soon as the ombudsman and trading standards are mentioned, the company backs down. But of course they well understand that the vast majority won't bother, or even notice.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 326 of 390

It has been mentioned before on this thread that the problem is not with the terms & conditions and the way BT charge for and discount BT Sport. The problem is the somewhat misleading sales statements made to customers to get them to sign up to BT broadband. My bill makes it clear that BT Sport is not £0.00, it's £13.50 with a matching discount that I currently get. Things will also change from Aug.

I agree that unless a significant proportion of customers complain about the sales practices then BT won't worry about it. If only 0.01% complain then who cares! Give them a few quid off for 12 months if necessary and move on.
0 Ratings
viffergb
Contributor
Message 327 of 390

Well.....just called cancellations and cancelled BT Sport as we only watch MotoGP and not at all interested in football... and certainly not at a cost!

As it stands with the increases due on 20th September taking effect, it would have meant we'd be paying an extra £7 per month (£5 Sport + 50p Anytime Calls increase + £1.50 Infinity 2 increase), so at least it will now be limited to £2.

Only thing I was offered - if you can call it an offer - was BT Vision box with a load of channels we'll never watch....all for...wait for it....an additional £10 per month Smiley Frustrated.....oh, and the setup cost would be waived....BIG deal...not.

Come end of contract time we'll certainly be looking at other deals.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 328 of 390

It is certainly worth noting that although BT are generally not allowing customers to cancel phone and broadband contracts just because of the BT Sport price rises other line rental, broadband and calls price rises have now been announced to take effect from Sep 20th. The terms and conditions do of course allow customers to cancel without charge due to those changes. So that is a way out of contracts if people want to do that. Letters and emails are being sent out now.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
viffergb
Contributor
Message 329 of 390

@umpire wrote:
It is certainly worth noting that although BT are generally not allowing customers to cancel phone and broadband contracts just because of the BT Sport price rises other line rental, broadband and calls price rises have now been announced to take effect from Sep 20th. The terms and conditions do of course allow customers to cancel without charge due to those changes. So that is a way out of contracts if people want to do that. Letters and emails are being sent out now.

I bet that doesn't also mean a refund of any 'Line Rental Saver' months that you might have left to run/use....which we certainly do!

0 Ratings
_dreamer_
Aspiring Expert
Message 330 of 390

All I can say is, thank goodness I cancelled BTsport and wasnt required  to sign up to another years contract to do so, especially as we will now get all of BT sport with cable for only £3.00 per month.

Bt appears to have lost the plot with regard to price increases.

0 Ratings