cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ugg
Message 331 of 390

Re: BT has announced its new packages for BT Sport for the ‘15/16 season.

I only went with bt to get bt sports included. I have no interest in any football the only sport I watch is MotoGP. Now in mid contract I am being told I have to pay more for this service is disgusting! When my contact is up I will simply watch the MotoGP replay for free on the bbc and change my broadband to a much cheaper company!
0 Ratings
viffergb
Contributor
Message 332 of 390

@Ugg wrote:
I only went with bt to get bt sports included. I have no interest in any football the only sport I watch is MotoGP. Now in mid contract I am being told I have to pay more for this service is disgusting! When my contact is up I will simply watch the MotoGP replay for free on the bbc and change my broadband to a much cheaper company!

I'm also in mid contract but refuse to pay the £5, so I called a couple of days ago and CANCELLED my BT Sport package NOT downgraded to thier 'Lite' offering which starts a new contract.  I also only watched the MotoGP and refuse to supplement the cost of the football.

NB: You can cancel BT Sport without any penalty payments but you need to do it before the end of this month - July

Interesting you mention the BBC replay....I think you'll find it's ITV4 that do that....I obviously stand to be corrected on this Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 333 of 390

You can always stream from the official motogp website, not free though, but you get what you want.

0 Ratings
ipri
Contributor
Message 334 of 390

How do I cancel BT Sport lite?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
viffergb
Contributor
Message 335 of 390

Call and request cancellations.  Tell them you wish to completely cancel BT Sport and will in no way be starting a NEW contract as a result of so doing.  If you selected 'Lite', that will have started a new contract, so tell them you weren't aware of that, and had you known, you would have simply asked to CANCEL completely, which you now wish to do.

Call now, before the end of the month!

0 Ratings
viffergb
Contributor
Message 336 of 390

@Hunter2660 wrote:

You can always stream from the official motogp website, not free though, but you get what you want.

@Very expensive Smiley Frustrated.  Cheaper to stay with BT @£60 / year!

0 Ratings
Buccleuch25
Message 337 of 390

@PaddyB wrote:

Hi all

Today BT has announced its new packages for BT Sport for the ‘15/16 season.

Customers will be able to order the full BT Sport pack: BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, ESPN on BT Sport and the new BT Sport Europe channel, the new home of top European football, from August 1. BT has revealed that all 351 matches from the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League next season will be free for customers who take BT TV.  BT Broadband customers who choose to watch on their Sky service, via the BT Sport App or on BT Mobile, will be able to add the BT Sport Pack for a small charge of £5 a month. 

For those who don’t wish to take BT Sport Europe, BT will give its broadband customers the option of receiving BT Sport 1 for free for a third season. This channel will show all 38 live Barclays Premier League matches as well as the Aviva Premiership and SPFL.

Gary Lineker, Jake Humphrey and Rio Ferdinand will front the live UEFA Champions League coverage. They will join the BT Sport team which includes Paul Scholes, Michael Owen, Steve McManaman and Owen Hargreaves as well as new signings; Steven Gerrard, Harry Redknapp and Glenn Hoddle and Howard Webb.

BT TV will be the only place where you can watch all of the UEFA Champions League games in HD.  BT Sport’s Connected Red Button service will allow viewers to switch between matches and track the action with a new ‘Goal Alert’ function which will let the viewer know when a goal is scored in any of the games and check all the latest stats.

Customers will also be able to watch every game live online and through the BT Sport app.  The app will include a great way to instantly access all of the goals and events from every game, at any time, through a new game timeline feature. This will allow key events to be viewed from multiple camera angles along with a wealth of in-game analysis through new tournament and match homepages.

Finally, the company has announced that in August it will also launch the first Ultra HD (4K) channel in Europe, BT Sport Ultra HD, and will also introduce a new BT TV Ultra HD set top box.

For more information customers should go to bt.com/europe or to register interest in BT Sport Ultra HD bt.com/ultrahd.

Update 19/06/15

We’re able to confirm the new price for channel only customers watching on Sky, those that do not have BT Broadband or BT TV with us. The current price is £13.50 per month, from 1st August it will go up to £19.99 a month.

The new price reflects the enhanced offering available, particularly the exclusively live UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League games.

Remember, if you only take the channel on its own from us now then you can save money. If you want to keep watching on Sky, switch your broadband to us and the BT Sport pack will be £5 a month from August 1st. Take BT TV as well and the BT Sport pack is free. The BT Sport Lite option is also available if you move your broadband to us.

Thanks

PaddyB

@PaddyB wrote:

Hi all

Today BT has announced its new packages for BT Sport for the ‘15/16 season.

Customers will be able to order the full BT Sport pack: BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, ESPN on BT Sport and the new BT Sport Europe channel, the new home of top European football, from August 1. BT has revealed that all 351 matches from the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League next season will be free for customers who take BT TV.  BT Broadband customers who choose to watch on their Sky service, via the BT Sport App or on BT Mobile, will be able to add the BT Sport Pack for a small charge of £5 a month. 

For those who don’t wish to take BT Sport Europe, BT will give its broadband customers the option of receiving BT Sport 1 for free for a third season. This channel will show all 38 live Barclays Premier League matches as well as the Aviva Premiership and SPFL.

Gary Lineker, Jake Humphrey and Rio Ferdinand will front the live UEFA Champions League coverage. They will join the BT Sport team which includes Paul Scholes, Michael Owen, Steve McManaman and Owen Hargreaves as well as new signings; Steven Gerrard, Harry Redknapp and Glenn Hoddle and Howard Webb.

BT TV will be the only place where you can watch all of the UEFA Champions League games in HD.  BT Sport’s Connected Red Button service will allow viewers to switch between matches and track the action with a new ‘Goal Alert’ function which will let the viewer know when a goal is scored in any of the games and check all the latest stats.

Customers will also be able to watch every game live online and through the BT Sport app.  The app will include a great way to instantly access all of the goals and events from every game, at any time, through a new game timeline feature. This will allow key events to be viewed from multiple camera angles along with a wealth of in-game analysis through new tournament and match homepages.

Finally, the company has announced that in August it will also launch the first Ultra HD (4K) channel in Europe, BT Sport Ultra HD, and will also introduce a new BT TV Ultra HD set top box.

For more information customers should go to bt.com/europe or to register interest in BT Sport Ultra HD bt.com/ultrahd.

Update 19/06/15

We’re able to confirm the new price for channel only customers watching on Sky, those that do not have BT Broadband or BT TV with us. The current price is £13.50 per month, from 1st August it will go up to £19.99 a month.

The new price reflects the enhanced offering available, particularly the exclusively live UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League games.

Remember, if you only take the channel on its own from us now then you can save money. If you want to keep watching on Sky, switch your broadband to us and the BT Sport pack will be £5 a month from August 1st. Take BT TV as well and the BT Sport pack is free. The BT Sport Lite option is also available if you move your broadband to us.

Thanks

PaddyB

Always been with Bt and as normal I renewed contract and told, we have Sky Sports and as I
had a Sky link that I would automatically receive it for free. Oh well, if its for free said I. Imagine my surprise today, 30/07/2015, that I had a letter popped through my door telling me that as of 2 days from now on the 01/08/2015,  I will be charged £5 per month for a service I did not really ask for. That aside the letter did say to go for Sky Lite to visit web site online to change. Has anyone tried to downgrade to Sky Lite yet and been successfull online? plenty upgrades and HD sales pitch but no chance could I change so hence this forum. AArrgh! ps  only like rugby

0 Ratings
Buccleuch25
Message 338 of 390

Going to have to call them 1st thing folks as you wont it appears be able to do it online. They used the BT Sport thing with me 2 years ago to agree to a new contract. Bit off their nose to spite there face with this underhand charge. Soon as my contract up. im gone BT. Silently raging
0 Ratings
andrewcapon
Beginner
Message 339 of 390

Absolutely livid here, we got a postal letter today about this so it looks like I am late to the party!

I have contaced BT saying that the only reason I moved Phone/Braodband/Mobiles to BT recently was the "FREE" BT sports for a year and the champions league.

As they are now charging £5 a month for my "FREE" BT sports I have asked as they seem to have changed the contract I would like to cancel it.

Anyone had success with this?

It's not like the boradband has even been great, 3 faults so far in a few months, gradually dropping speeds even though I'm about 30 yards from the cabinet and 50 from the exchange, grhhh. I knew I shouldn't have moved back to these cowboys.

0 Ratings
davgille7
Aspiring Expert
Message 340 of 390

You can't cancel due to the £5 BT sports charge! But you can cancel due to price increases during your contract.
EVERYONE who is in contract with BT can exit them without penalty as BT has increased prices. This is on Ofcom website as well as Martin Lewis moneysavingexpert website. You just give them a call and say you are leaving due to price rises. You will have a email or letter with this stated below,

"We want to make sure you get the best deal for you. So, if you want to change something, or even leave because of these price changes, and you're within your minimum contract period, you'll need to call us within 30 days of receiving this email to avoid paying a charge for leaving early. You'll need to give us 30 days' notice to leave (or 14 days if you're switching provider), starting from the date you ask us. We won't charge you the increased price during that time."
0 Ratings