cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 351 of 390

Re: BT has announced its new packages for BT Sport for the ‘15/16 season.

For those that might not be aware the info on the help page has now changed a bit. Seems to tie in with us now entering the start of season 3?

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53767/~/manage-my-bt-sport-options

In particular note the following amended section.

"BT Sport Pack is free to BT Sport on BT TV customers who take BT TV for the first time, have re-contracted since 1st January 2015, or re-contract their existing BT TV and BT Broadband services for a minimum of 12 months. "

0 Ratings
damodici
Aspiring Contributor
Message 352 of 390

Having read that it still seems to suggest if you aren't a BT customer and only received BT sports as part of the 'sign up to broadband package' then you'll still need to recontract for 12 Months.

0 Ratings
viffergb
Contributor
Message 353 of 390

I just knew this would happen Smiley Mad

Opened my latest bill just a few minutes ago - due on 1st of every month - and I have been charged for a month's worth of BT Sport, DESPITE my having called on 26th July and cancelled it!!!!

This is NOT the first time that BT Billing have c**ked up on my account whenever there is a change to my bill.  It has happened far too often, so I will soon be calling them and raising a complaint.

I had been thinking about ending my contract due to price rises due in September, but decided against it, but now I am not so sure.  Okay, I know I will probably lose some 3 month's worth of advanced 'Line Saver Rental', but if I go with Plusnet, the deal they currently offer will help cover that loss.

viffergb
Contributor
Message 354 of 390

Okay, happy to stand corrected on my previous post Smiley Embarassed

I'd forgotten about the 30 days notice when cancelling BT Sport, hence the reason why I've been charged the £5 for August.

Wished I'd remembered that at beginning of July, as I'd have cancelled straight away.

Still think I'm going to give serious consideration on changing to Plusnet.

0 Ratings
awopbamboo
Message 355 of 390

EXACTLY my point with them just now.

They specifically said to me about BT having exclusive right to Champs League, and thats what tipped it for me to renew my contract with them.  Now, they are trying to charge me an extra £5 for it!

Also, to 'downgrade' to BT Sport Lite (just the Prem football etc) you have to renew your contract with BT!

I have done that so I am not charged the £5 a month, but am going to make a complaint.

Their custromer service took 25 minutes to answer, and I was told it was because everyone was calling about the football. What do they expect!

0 Ratings
BrickSmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 356 of 390

Can some explain this to me.

I am on BT Infinity, i have a BT TV box and i have a Sky box.

I was previously getting my BT Sports through my sky sbox for free but now i will have to pay £5.

I realise i could switch bt sports over to BT TV for free but how much would it cost me to get BT sports on both the sky box and BT TV box?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 357 of 390

@viffergb wrote:

I'd forgotten about the 30 days notice when cancelling BT Sport, hence the reason why I've been charged the £5 for August.

Maybe you should remind BT about their official repsonse to complaints to Ofcom about the BT Sport changes which states the following.

"A final option for customers is to cease BT Sport, which we will do for you without penalty. The minimum 30-day notice period will be waived."

It couldn't be clearer really. A shame BT staff just ignore it.

Try the number on the bottom of that page?

Distinguished Guru
Message 358 of 390

@awopbamboo wrote:

Also, to 'downgrade' to BT Sport Lite (just the Prem football etc) you have to renew your contract with BT!

I have done that so I am not charged the £5 a month, but am going to make a complaint.

Again read the official response to complaints to Ofcom about the confusion with re-contracting which states the following.

"Existing BT Sport Pack customers can take BT Sport Lite without the need to enter a new minimum contract term and it is free of charge to BT TV customers and App Only customers."

Unless they are just referring to a new BT Sport contract minimum term then it seems pretty clear that you don't have to re-contract things.

viffergb
Contributor
Message 359 of 390

@umpire wrote:

@viffergb wrote:

Maybe you should remind BT about their official repsonse to complaints to Ofcom about the BT Sport changes which states the following.

"A final option for customers is to cease BT Sport, which we will do for you without penalty. The minimum 30-day notice period will be waived."

It couldn't be clearer really. A shame BT staff just ignore it.

Try the number on the bottom of that page?

Umpire...you're a star Smiley Happy.  Many thanks for pointing that out.  After a long wait I eventually spoke to someone on that number and read out to them the wording on that official response page.  They put me on hold - a long one, for which they did apologise - and passed me over to someone I assume in the billing dept.  They agreed and arranged for the refund to appear on my next bill and sent me a text as confirmation...result...but I suppose I'd better wait until I see next month's bill Smiley Wink.

However, I've really had enough of BT, and seeing as the main reason for re-contracting with them last year was for the FREE MotoGP coverage and NO FOOTBALL, there is no longer any reason to remain with them, so I'm off to Plusnet and will watch the highlights of MotoGP on ITV4.

0 Ratings
BRUN
Contributor
Message 360 of 390

I do wonder how much money this £5 a month charge is going to raise, as it seems a lot of people have cancelled BT Sport or downgraded
0 Ratings