cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 361 of 390

Re: BT has announced its new packages for BT Sport for the ‘15/16 season.

or haggled and reduced the £5 per month cost.
0 Ratings
damodici
Aspiring Contributor
Message 362 of 390

Well it's now about to role in to the 14th day since I was promised a call back from customer service, I was initially told between 5 and 10 days at the outside

May I add that the initial call was made on the 23rd July and then again on the 30th as a chase up and was still told to wait until they were given the full time period to address my complaint.

Frankley now it doesn't matter, tomorrow I'll be making two calls, one to Sky and one to BT.

It's not the point about the £5 for retaining BT sports.

I'm not happy about it and I don't think I should be having only signed up in January for the all inclusive offer, it's more that they've also increased line rental and my actual infinity costs, so now my 'contract' is nothing like it was when I signed up.

Worse still they don't even have the decency to call me regarding my poor service history and issues with the price rises.

Me I'm going to vote with my feet and never return under any circumstances, I think the more that people do this the more it'll make big faceless companies like BT not take their customers for granted.

They should understand that by getting in a bidding war for commercial rights to football and other inflated rubbish it really shouldn't fall on all customers to cover the expense.

Yes I know sky charge for stuff, but equally whenever I've had a problem with a bill or price rise from them they've reduced the account as they know **bleep** well what I watch as it's all logged, they'd rather keep me happy and on board.

BT it would seem couldn't give a toss

Shocking customer service in this day and age, I can only hope thousands of others cut off revenue for them and it all goes massively **bleep** up.
Message 363 of 390

Hi damodici,

Thanks for your posts.

Sorry you've had cause to complain and that you haven't received the promised call back.  We can pick this up and deal with your complaint from here.

You'll see the link to send us your details in my profile under the "about me" section.  You'll find it by clicking on my username.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
viffergb
Contributor
Message 364 of 390

@BRUN wrote:
I do wonder how much money this £5 a month charge is going to raise, as it seems a lot of people have cancelled BT Sport or downgraded

If...and I stress if...enough people vote with their feet and leave, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see BT raising the charge to say £10 to try and compensate Smiley Wink.  I really do think they have shot themselves in the foot over this, and if they'd really thought about it would have separated out all the football onto one channel and let those that really want football pay for it at £5 per month - most likely good value - BUT leave those of us who only want the minority sports paying nothing.  I believe they would not be experiencing the 'churn rate' that I suspect is happening right now if they had gone down that route!

Plus they have really rubbed salt into the wound by announcing those price increases happening in September.

Shame, 'cos up until all this happened, I was quite happy with the service....but not anymore, hence I'm off to pastures new Smiley Happy

Pipalicious
Beginner
Message 365 of 390

I've cancelled my BT Sport.  I only got BT Broadband to watch Motogp and I'm not going to pay £5 per month to pay for BT's purchase of UEFA.  I'm not interested in the football and I don't see why my love of MotoGP should finance BT's choice of sport.

I'll be visiting my brother on the 18 or so race days per year and watch it on Eurosport via his Virgin deal.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 366 of 390

MotoGP is no longer on Eurosport. One option is a MotoGP Video Pass.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 367 of 390

@gomezz wrote:

MotoGP is no longer on Eurosport. One option is a MotoGP Video Pass.

I think the point is that Pipaliscous doesn't want to pay, so the only option is to watch the highlights on ITV 4

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 368 of 390

The point is that he won't get anywhere by going to visit his brother on Virgin.
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 369 of 390

Or unless he actually puts his hand in his pocket.Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 370 of 390

I would expect he would have to do that anyway to pay for the beers for his brother to enjoy as a thank you.
0 Ratings