cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 390

BT has announced its new packages for BT Sport for the ‘15/16 season.

Hi all

Today BT has announced its new packages for BT Sport for the ‘15/16 season.

Customers will be able to order the full BT Sport pack: BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, ESPN on BT Sport and the new BT Sport Europe channel, the new home of top European football, from August 1. BT has revealed that all 351 matches from the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League next season will be free for customers who take BT TV.  BT Broadband customers who choose to watch on their Sky service, via the BT Sport App or on BT Mobile, will be able to add the BT Sport Pack for a small charge of £5 a month. 

For those who don’t wish to take BT Sport Europe, BT will give its broadband customers the option of receiving BT Sport 1 for free for a third season. This channel will show all 38 live Barclays Premier League matches as well as the Aviva Premiership and SPFL.

Gary Lineker, Jake Humphrey and Rio Ferdinand will front the live UEFA Champions League coverage. They will join the BT Sport team which includes Paul Scholes, Michael Owen, Steve McManaman and Owen Hargreaves as well as new signings; Steven Gerrard, Harry Redknapp and Glenn Hoddle and Howard Webb.

BT TV will be the only place where you can watch all of the UEFA Champions League games in HD.  BT Sport’s Connected Red Button service will allow viewers to switch between matches and track the action with a new ‘Goal Alert’ function which will let the viewer know when a goal is scored in any of the games and check all the latest stats.

Customers will also be able to watch every game live online and through the BT Sport app.  The app will include a great way to instantly access all of the goals and events from every game, at any time, through a new game timeline feature. This will allow key events to be viewed from multiple camera angles along with a wealth of in-game analysis through new tournament and match homepages.

Finally, the company has announced that in August it will also launch the first Ultra HD (4K) channel in Europe, BT Sport Ultra HD, and will also introduce a new BT TV Ultra HD set top box.

For more information customers should go to bt.com/europe or to register interest in BT Sport Ultra HD bt.com/ultrahd.

Update 19/06/15

We’re able to confirm the new price for channel only customers watching on Sky, those that do not have BT Broadband or BT TV with us. The current price is £13.50 per month, from 1st August it will go up to £19.99 a month.

The new price reflects the enhanced offering available, particularly the exclusively live UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League games.

Remember, if you only take the channel on its own from us now then you can save money. If you want to keep watching on Sky, switch your broadband to us and the BT Sport pack will be £5 a month from August 1st. Take BT TV as well and the BT Sport pack is free. The BT Sport Lite option is also available if you move your broadband to us.

Thanks

PaddyB

389 REPLIES 389
soulfulscotsman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 390

Re: BT has announced its new packages for BT Sport for the ‘15/16 season.

Will those of us with BT Sport via ADSL (non-Infinity area) receive the new BT Sport Europe also over ADSL?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 390

I have BT infinity 2, and i currently watch BT sport 1&2 SD through my sky box. Can you confirm that the BT Sport Europe channel will cost an extra £5 a month, even though i think BT TV is part of my package?

0 Ratings
FearlessFred
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 390

@thered_baron1918 wrote:

I have BT infinity 2, and i currently watch BT sport 1&2 SD through my sky box. Can you confirm that the BT Sport Europe channel will cost an extra £5 a month, even though i think BT TV is part of my package?

You actually do NOT have BT TV. You have the BT Sports channels. BT TV refers specifically to people who either have a BT Vision box or have YouView through BT & receive all their extra TV channels (beyond what's available through DTT over an aerial) through their internet connection only (not through a Sky Box). As such, I'd assume that you'll be asked for £5 a month if you want to have BT Sport Europe.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 390

@FearlessFred wrote:

@thered_baron1918 wrote:

You actually do NOT have BT TV. You have the BT Sports channels. BT TV refers specifically to people who either have a BT Vision box or have YouView through BT & receive all their extra TV channels (beyond what's available through DTT over an aerial) through their internet connection only (not through a Sky Box). As such, I'd assume that you'll be asked for £5 a month if you want to have BT Sport Europe.

Actually the poster can have BT TV and still arrange for BT Sport on the SKY Platform.

I myself had a BT TV package and a SKY Subscription and at various times have had BT Sport through the supplied youview box and have also for a short period had it via the satellite box.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
DSLAMdunkin
Contributor
Message 6 of 390

A sad day for those of us who follow minority sports (if I've understood the pricing structure correctly).Given the amount BT paid -out for the rights, I can understand why BT Football - sorry- Sport would be the priority -but do we want to pay for a service where one sport will clearly crowd-out most others (Moto GP is probably the exception)?

I'm sure fellow AFL fans may well be tempted to drop BT Sport / ESPN and purchase the 'Overseas Live Pass' directly from the AFL (allowing live coverage of all AFL games).

Most disappointing is the loss of opportunity to expand the exposure of Aussie Rules in the UK - those who might have looked-in, and discovered the game, with free coverage, will now be lost.

The real irony is that ESPN's coverage of the AFL this season (so far) has been excellent - good 'picks' of games, shown at reasonable times (rather than all 4:30 AM starts!......).

Any chance of persuading BT to show its AFL coverage on BT Sport 1 Smiley Wink......

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 390

BT Sport on Sky TV is not BT TV.

I think currently customers watching BT Sport on Sky are paying either £0.00, £6.75, or £13.50 depending on whether they take BT Broadband or not and if so whether they renewed the broadband contract for another minimum 12 months or not last season.

It sounds as though Sky viewers with BT Broadband will now only get BT Sport 1 for £0.00 / £6.75? If they pay an additional £5.00 they will get all the other channels (apart from possibly the future UHD channel).

BT TV customers will get all the channels for £0.00 for another season. Obviously any UHD channel will require a new UHD capable BT TV box.

Well that's how I read it. Might be wrong though. Need to check all the details and legal stuff for these changes. 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 390

A good point though that a BT TV customer can still set up the BT Sport pack on Sky. How are they treated regarding BT Sport pricing?
0 Ratings
MrMWB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 390

I want to get BT TV just for BT sports, do I need to still connect the BT TV box to an aerial, I don't need freeview channels
0 Ratings
viffergb
Contributor
Message 10 of 390

Will those of us who only watch BT Sport 2 for the MotoGP coverage via the app and Chromecast have to pay this £5/month???? Smiley Mad

If so, that has certainly tipped the balance for me to change to Plusnet when our current contract runs out,  as the only real reason we have stuck with BT is for the MotoGP coverage - roll on when it returns to BBC!

Or...is there a chance that MotoGP will be shown on BT Sport 1 and and thus remain free?