cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulHanson
Contributor
Message 261 of 390

Re: BT has announced its new packages for BT Sport for the ‘15/16 season.

Yep I agree guess I was too impulsive.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 262 of 390

@ney wrote:

Will have about just under 9 months or so left on a 12 month contract for my Infinity 2  come August.

Cheers for the info. So you aren't within a broadband 18 month minimum term and also won't have at least 12 months minimum term left on Aug 1st.

Hey, that's not fair! Why do you get full BT Sport for free when we have to pay £5 or re-contract? What makes your account so special?  Smiley LOL 

I'm still unclear as to what the rules are. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 263 of 390

These are not just any rules.......these are BT rules............

Stew
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 264 of 390

Hi all

Thanks for all your questions about downgrading to BT Sport Lite and re-contracting. The rules are a little different depending on how you receive BT Sport, and where you are at in your existing contract, so we thought we’d post up this guide answering your most common questions.

If you are an existing BT Sport Pack customer on BT TV or the BT Sport app and online player you’ll be able to downgrade to BT Sport Lite with no change to your existing broadband contract status

For BT Sport Pack customers with BT Broadband and Sky who are downgrading to BT Sport Lite, there are two main scenarios:

If you are out of contract on BT Broadband, or your BT existing contract is coming near its end, you will be asked to agree a new broadband contract when you downgrade to BT Sport Lite. You don’t have to take a new broadband contract, but if you are out of contract or your contract ends you will start to pay £6.75 for BT Sport Lite so that’s why we ask.

If you are in a BT Broadband contract, and have only just started it or are somewhere in the middle, you don’t need to re-contract yet.

Thanks,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
ney
Expert
Message 265 of 390

Yes its all been a little confusing. I will be just over 9 weeks in to a new 12 months BT TV contract com August also
For I upgraded my BT TV the last week.in April when to the entertainment Max package & tane out a new 22 months contract then but looking at the email I go from BT yesterday I will still be getting the full BT sports pack for free come August. I will nearer the time when my Infinity 2 contract is nearly up next year think about renewing all is unless things change before then with the full free BT sports pack.

Darren

0 Ratings
dpc1979
Aspiring Contributor
Message 266 of 390

RULES dont make me laugh BT make rules up as they go along. A contract means nothing and a promise is just a lie.

It would be a good start if you explained the so called RULES to BT staff first so they can at least try and all get the same excuse/story out to complaining customers that telephone BT about being ripped off.

Distinguished Guru
Message 267 of 390

@OlgaC wrote:

If you are an existing BT Sport Pack customer on BT TV or the BT Sport app and online player you’ll be able to downgrade to BT Sport Lite with no change to your existing broadband contract status

Ok, that covers BT Sport Lite, but what about those with BT Sport on BT TV who don't wish to downgrade?

It seems some (most) are being told be e-mail they will pay £5 for full BT Sport on BT TV from Aug 1st unless they re-contract BT Broadband and BT TV on 18 months minimum terms, whereas others are being told by e-mail that they will continue receiving full BT Sport on BT TV for free after Aug 1st and they don't need to do anything.   

What are the rules being applied in that situation? If it's based on how close to completing BT Broadband / BT TV minimum terms customers are, then how close do they need to be to trigger the £5 charge from Aug 1st?

PaulHanson
Contributor
Message 268 of 390

Thats an interesting question......

0 Ratings
Jackiejig
Message 269 of 390

This price hike is disgraceful! I have no interest in football and only subscribe for MOTOGP! in effect BT are trying to blackmail into signing up to BT broadband! Why can't BT offer a package without Football!! Totally shocking!
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 270 of 390

It is the inconsistency of the CS staff. Different phone calls different offers.

Stew