cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tji
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT sport 1 not working

Hi, I use BT sport online but for the last few days BT sport 1 doesn't load with the error code VC040 but the other 3 channels do work, I tried and it is the same on both laptops. Also all the channels work on the app on my phone. Any reason for this?

Thanks
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT sport 1 not working

@Tji Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.  The code look up feature on the help pages suggests the VC040 error is caused by your browser's cookie settings. If you enter the error code on the link I posted it offers advice on how to change the cookie settings to fix this issue.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Tji
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi

I have followed the instructions on there. My laptops are already set the way they have told me to set in on the help page. Stranger thing is that BT sport 2, 3 and ESPN all work fine, it is just BT sport 1.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@Tji can you try using an alternative browser to see if that makes any difference?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Tji
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hi

I have tried 3 browsers: Internet explorer, Safari and Firefox on both my laptops and it is the same on both. I've never had this problem as I have used the online player for over a year with the same laptops. strange thing its just BT sport 1 not working, others are fine.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Ross92T
Message 6 of 8

BT Sport Error VC040 HELP

Hi, 

I am getting the error code VC040 when trying to watch any of the BT Sport channels, I am using chrome and have followed the guidlines of unchecking 'block third-party cookies and site data' but still recieving the error. 

I have used another browser and the same error is reappearing. 

On champions league nights when the Enhanced player is available it works absolutely fine but other than that it doesn't work at all. 

Any help on this anyone? It would be much appreciated!

0 Ratings
Ross92T
Message 7 of 8

I just posted a thread on this before reading, I thought all of my channels were not working but it seems it's only BT Sport 1 i'm getting this error with. Has anyone been in touch with a fix as of yet?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Tji and @Ross92T,

Thanks for posting. If you've tried all the self help and it's still showing the error message we'll need to take a closer look at this for you. Can you drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings