cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doobs
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT sport discounted deals for existing customers

I am in the middle of a 12 month discounted infinity and calls package - am I free now to take another discounted deal as an exisiting customer assuming there are such deals? Its just that if I can get more vouchers etc it may be woth taking out new deal adding BT TV to cover any increased expenditure?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT sport discounted deals for existing customers

@doobs wrote:

I am in the middle of a 12 month discounted infinity and calls package - am I free now to take another discounted deal as an exisiting customer assuming there are such deals? Its just that if I can get more vouchers etc it may be woth taking out new deal adding BT TV to cover any increased expenditure?

So what vouchers are they offering if you add BT TV to your existing Infinity and calls package.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
doobs
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

I don't know if they are! That's my point - are we entitled to discounted offers/vouchers if we add to an existing BT package or is that only for new customers?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

@doobs wrote:
I don't know if they are! That's my point - are we entitled to discounted offers/vouchers if we add to an existing BT package or is that only for new customers?

There not. Your best bet is too wait till nearer the end of your current contract, then you can bargain.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
JohnSound
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

I think I'm currently in a similar position. I'm on a contract that I'm happy with, thanks to discounts, until November.

According to an email received today, I'll get the BT Sports Pack for free if I recontract now for 12 months. Hopefully I'm able to keep my discounts when I do this, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm told my price will go back up after November. I'm calling tomorrow so will report back.
0 Ratings
ab79
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

I recontracted a week ago. My discounted broadband from February for 12 months was extended for the 18 months at the same price for the whole period happily. The man I spoke to didn't touch the BTTV I have and said it was purely the broadband they were interested in extending to continue with the free sport. Worryingly I haven't received a confirmation email yet to confirm this but I have kept the exact time and date of call just in case. I will ring in the next few days to check.

Of course not every phone call or operator is the same but my experience may offer a ray of light to you.
JohnSound
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Thanks ab79, I too am a winner!

Not only are my discounts being honoured until this time next year, but my overall price is coming down, AND I'm getting a new Youview+ box.

My confirmation email came through immediately by the way, so maybe you do have to double check.
ab79
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

That's great to hear. Im not the only one then! I rang to confirm and it is all went through fine, which I was relieved about, she had no idea why an email wasn't received.

Although this is pleasing, I'm still of the opinion that the sport still should have been included until the end of our previous 12 month contract. Or at least made people aware that discounts could be extended to the 18 months when sending out emails to people.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I managed to get the Sports Pack for £2.50 per month for 6 months.
0 Ratings