cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT sport loses Bundesliga

Sky Sports becomes new home of Bundesliga in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland until 2025

Bundesliga now a partner with Sky Sports in UK & Ireland, Germany, Italy and Austria

Sky Sports has today announced that it has won the exclusive rights to show the Bundesliga in the UK and Ireland for the next four seasons.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT sport loses Bundesliga

Well, it was always going to be an uphill struggle to outbid the might of the US outfit Comcast (owners of Sky).

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

This makes BT Sport less attractive. Will BT now reduce the price of its product? It should do.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Or should Sky increase their prices

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Sky can use it to help try and justify their already extortionate fees. But back to BT.... makes you wonder what's going to be dropped next. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

On the flip side I take it you'd be happy to pay the extra if they'd decided to pay it for them?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

If I've understood you correctly....

That's not a consideration for me because I signed up with BT Sport for many, many more months with the expectation of it already being there. The price of BT Sport has already gone up for me this year, and Bundesliga already included justified that cost. Now I'm unsure. 

Interested to see how it plays out......is it likely that BT Sport will still exist up until the Champions League contract ends in 2024? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I have read that there will be certain Bundesliga matches shown for free on the Sky Sports Youtube channel for most weeks, perhaps not the main pick matches, but at least some matches will be available through this option, so all is not totally lost! (I have been watching The Hundred cricket tournament on this, works well)

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I agree, would be good if the new BT Pro Box has Youtube.

This is a huge blow for me, only reason I had BT was to access BT sport at a reduced rate to watch the Bundesliga.