cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Britbox

Go to solution

Afternoon Folks ,ive just signed up this morning first time ever with BT.

Now as i signed up ,they said i,d get Britbox for 6month free then its 5.99 there after per month ,my Question is  .

Do i have to give a Time Notice and Cancel the Britbox and how do i go about that if thats the case ,or is it a case of its automatically just gets cancelled once 6 month is up.

Reason being im not to fussed on it and wont be using it after the Free period ,but i had to Tick the box so things went further on during the signing up .

So do i have to Cancel it and how to do it ,if this is the case .

Mark

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Britbox

Go to solution

Have a look at BritBox on BT TV 

How will I be billed?

BritBox is a monthly membership service that you pay in advance. You'll be billed for this every month (on around the date that your service started) unless you cancel.
If you choose to take BritBox through BT, the monthly fee will appear on your BT bill.

How do I cancel my BritBox account?

To stop the auto-renewal of your BritBox account, log in to My BT.

You won't have to pay a cancellation fee. However, we won't refund you for any days you've already paid for. Instead you'll have access to the service until the date that the membership would have auto-renewed (you can find this on your bill).

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi and Thanks Ritchie 

Now i,m taking it because i,ve just signed up , i d need to wait till i,m online and watching services ,for me to go and Cancel Britbox or whatever .

Reason being ive looked threw everything on this BT Account and nothing relates back to Britbox kinda thing ,plus i,ll not get an engineer out till end of April to connect fibre and services would this be the reason why ?.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

If your services are not yet active, your account will have an open provision order, once that closes and your services are live, then you'll be able to manage them properly.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @MarkMc21 

Britbox is one of the optional monthly add ons to your package.

The way you manage it might vary a little depending upon whether you are a BT broadband customer only or whether you are a BT Broadband and BT TV customer.

There is an app MY BT app where you can manage your monthly addons to your TV package,.That would have a Cancel option for Britbox addon. If you do not cancel the standard month charge for Britbox would be charged  after 6 Months on a monthly recurring basis.If you cancel before the 6 months during your free period then your subscription then your access would end  when your current  month subscription expires. Ie it would not then auto renew for the next month.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for the Info Ritchie i,ll try again when up and running.

Appreciated 

Mark 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Zulu17

Thanks for the advice ,yes i,ll be cancelling it ,so thanks for the Advice i can also follow. 

Appreciated 

Mark

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

I actually received a reminder email that the 6 month free period was about to end.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Ddi anybody get a discount offer to stay after their 6 months expired and was not renewed?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

I had Britbox on the six months free deal, when the six months was up I had an email reminder and I cancelled it via MYBT account. @ozsat  No I didn’t get any discount offers after I cancelled only emails from Britbox asking if I wanted to renew at £5.99. Never used it in the 6 months I had it.