Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geordiemick
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Bt Tv : Now Tv

Go to solution

Is there some way to contact them, I wonder.

I have a bit sport subscription but only way to effectively put it on telly is with HDMI cable.

But the way Newcastle are going, maybe I needn't bother

0 Ratings
robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Bioth parties have, in the past week, via Mods on their respective forums, mentioned "expected towards the end of the year" for implementation of both parts of the cross suply deal. From what I've been able to gather elsewhere we don't seem to be anywhere near getting any of this done in 2019. It's frustrating but it is what it is.

0 Ratings
geordiemick
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for that.

They could hurry up; football starts soon. With Newcastle's new Brazilian striker.  Ncle 6 Arsenal 0

Guess It'll have to be the HDMI wire again.

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

@robotman1wrote:

Bioth parties have, in the past week, via Mods on their respective forums, mentioned "expected towards the end of the year" for implementation of both parts of the cross suply deal. From what I've been able to gather elsewhere we don't seem to be anywhere near getting any of this done in 2019. It's frustrating but it is what it is.

Interestingly enough Sky Ireland announced a new ‘Sports Extra’ pack yesterday that includes Sky Sports, BT Sports and Premier Sports available from 1st August, so some cross supply is going ahead now.

Personally I think the delay from a BT TV perspective is probably a technical one and implementing the BT Sport app on NOW TV devices is being held back until the former is resolved.

We will have to wait and see. 

0 Ratings
robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

@stereohaven 

That's a tasty package for the Irish, especially with Premier showing the Saturday 3pm games.

I've been led to believe from postings elsewhere that the issue lies with Sky/NowTV not as yet being able to develop functionality to meet the requirements of BT, who are right to stand their ground and ensure we as customers get something acceptable and not below the high standard we'd expect from BT themselves.

geordiemick
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

The Now box has apps for BBC iPlayer, YouTube and lots more so they should be able to come up with a BTSports app.

0 Ratings