cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew2020
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Bt champions league

Why can't the commentators during the game please not give the score of the other game being played. I like many people record the 2nd game and watch it after the first. Why ruin it for us by telling us the score? Either tell the commentators to use a spoiler alert - ie turn the volume down to avoid hearing the score - or just leave it to half time or full time. Really simple if you want people to enjoy all the games. 

4 REPLIES 4
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt champions league

Probably because even more people want to know what's happening in the other games which is why they also offer goal alerts

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

If only there was some other way of people keeping track of what is happening in other games ... if only! 😞

At the very least the commentator and co-commentator should be concentrating solely on the match in front of them and there should be no crawlers etc during play. Save it for the half-time and full time punditry while those of us who would rather not know can tune away.

0 Ratings
rathe
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Yes please stop this, there are plenty of ways to see the scores of other games, even make it an option to turn on live scores at bottom of the screen, but please stop the commentator telling the score of another game they are not at, they should only be commentating on the game in front of them like gomezz said. I know the other Sports channels do this but not so often, BT is all the time without fail and also your showing the scores on the screen without warning. This has been requested for many years, yet nothing has been done about it.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Guru
Message 5 of 5

I suspect there is no policy or anything like that one way or the other, chances are the commentator sees the other score as it happens , and choses to comment on it or not, as much as to the co-commentator, or pundit , as the home audience , they all probably want to avoid ‘dead air’, and if the game they are commenting on has nothing of particular interest going on at that particular time, recon it’s better than pointing out the celebrity in the crowd ( or whatever ) 
When games are shown on adjacent channels, if the ‘score’ on the other game is given, I ( like many I guess) switch over hoping to see a replay of that goal....it’s something that some appreciate and others don’t, you will never please everyone all the time.
If its something that Sky do less of, perhaps that because they tend not to have two games or more taking place at the same time in the same competition

0 Ratings