cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Can no longer cast with BT sport app - "unfortunately it is no longer possible to cast to this tv"

Go to solution

Last weekend (17April2021) I could cast to my Chromecast using the BtSport App, this weekend (24April2021) when I try to cast to the same Cromecast, from the same ipad, I get the message "unfortunately it is no longer possible to cast to this tv". I can still cast with other apps from my iPad to the same Chromecast device, so this is something that has changed on the BtSport App.

Anybody know what has changed? Anybody know why? Anybody know how to fix it?

Very annoying. If I can not longer cast from the BtSport app to my Chromecast, I will ditch BtSport.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can no longer cast with BT sport app - "unfortunately it is no longer possible to cast to

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can no longer cast with BT sport app - "unfortunately it is no longer possible to cast to

Go to solution

A Google bug that we previously thought to only affect Android TVs has turned out to also affect some users with normal Chromecast devices - this is why you were seeing that message.  Sometimes rebooting the Chromecast fixes it, and sometimes it doesn't.

We've temporarily rolled back our changes whilst we work with Google to understand what's wrong.

Sorry for the inconvenience @perilouspiranha