cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Can't access subscription channels error 15000/15990

We received a new FTTP installation last week from BT. The hub and internet have been working fantastically but ever since we got the new hub our you view box will not allow us to watch any subscription channels.

I spent literal hours on the phone with customer support trying to get it sorted and nothing they suggested worked. We reset the box about 3 different ways 3 different times and even performed a factory reset which did not fix the issue. Eventually, they decided to send us a new you view box. That has arrived today and upon being setup is giving me error 15000 during initial setup and error 15990 when trying to open the BT player stating I do not have a BT TV account. Googling the error I've seen a lot of people have success with this problem by making a post here so I am doing the same. Could someone help us with this error? I've tried updating the box and all apps and players and the box is wired to the hub with the provided ethernet cable.

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can't access subscription channels error 15000/15990

Hi bswift666,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I know you mentioned the Smart Hub is wired directly to the Youview box. Do you have any power line adapters in your set up anywhere?

Let me know as we may need to step in.

Thanks

DanielS

Message 3 of 7

No power line adapters. The hub is connected directly to the you view and all other internet devices are connected via WiFi.

Thanks for getting back to me! I hope we can sort this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7

See https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Errors-BTP-15000-and-BTP-15990/td-p/1826652

I understand Gemma_P has since retired but maybe @JohnC2 , @StuartH  or @NeilO  could delve into the memory banks (well, maybe the records)

Message 5 of 7

That was one of the threads I read that gave me the idea to make my own! My issue is identical to that described  in the original post of that thread. New internet connection, same youview box as before and we lost access to all our subscription channels (BT sport, sky sports etc). They've tried to rectify with a new box but that is acting in a similar fashion and throwing up these same error codes stating we do not have a BT TV account (we do).

Thanks for the continuing support!

Message 6 of 7

Thanks for getting back to me @bswift666,

I had to ask about the power line adapters as they can cause problems with FTTP.

That error was used for a number of reasons but it was generally for when the services weren't added either correctly or at all in the systems that we use to manage the services.. I know that we will be able to get the subscription issue fixed for you but I'll need your details to do so. I'll send you a private message direct.

Thanks

DanielS

Message 7 of 7

I've just sent across the information you asked for an a detailed description of the issue. Thanks so much for the quick responses!

0 Ratings