cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 61 of 103

Re: Cancel BT sport

Go to solution

@Paton1, I'm sorry about the wait in the call queue, I hope you can appreciate that due to the circumstances our call queues are really busy at the moment. There are a few options available for your BT Sport subscription that you can choose from on this link.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 62 of 103

Go to solution

The above link (bt.com/supportsport) didn't work for me but the BT Sport homepage https://sport.bt.com/ does provide a link so you can "claim" a month's refund "as a gesture of good will". It's better than nothing but I still think it's shabby.  If our milkman stopped delivering milk (yes, we do have a milkman), he wouldn't expect to be paid even if his supply of milk were interrupted due to matters beyond his control. If he carried on billing then offered a partial refund "as a gesture of good will", I'd tell him... well, you know...

BT isn't screening live sport and so should stop charging for it. Simple. Just stop charging. To force people wishing to cancel to phone up an inevitably understaffed call centre (and then bleat on about difficulties with call volumes) rather than providing a "Cancel Now" button on the website is cynical.

The inadequate one month's rebate dressed as a generous gesture of good will gives an insight into how the company is at it heart. I assume a meeting of senior managers agreed that they would probably get away with it if that were offered. Shame on them!  It would be nice to think, when all this is over, that we remember the companies which acted decently or even generously and those which didn't.

Highlighted
Message 63 of 103

Go to solution

Please can you assist me with cancelling my subscription! I have called numerous times (lost count!) and spent so long on hold waiting to speak to somebody. I just would like some form of online option of cancelling my subscription please. 

We are receiving absolutely no live sport or benefits currently so I do not want to pay a monthly subscription. If there was even an option of putting it on hold, I may consider it.

Please advise.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 64 of 103

Go to solution

@Gaz3wrote:

Please can you assist me with cancelling my subscription! I have called numerous times (lost count!) and spent so long on hold waiting to speak to somebody. I just would like some form of online option of cancelling my subscription please. 

We are receiving absolutely no live sport or benefits currently so I do not want to pay a monthly subscription. If there was even an option of putting it on hold, I may consider it.

Please advise.

Thank you.

https://www.bt.com/sport-support-options

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 65 of 103

Go to solution

@Gaz3 

did/have you claimed your months refund?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 66 of 103

Go to solution

Hi all

Ive just received an invitation to pay my bill

If you go to your online account there is an option to get 1 month BT sport credit, which you apply for with your ac #

The website indicates this will be regularly reviewed

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 67 of 103

Go to solution

Yes thanks I have claimed it.

Just frustrating that they do not provide a basic cancel option when the service / viewing offering drops to such a low standard.

I appreciate that call centres may not be manned with COVID19 at this time but all the more reason to have an online option!

Thanks again!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 68 of 103

Go to solution

Agreed

ive been trying for weeks, and i only pay £6 / mth 🙂

Same story when i tried to cancel a credit card - no online option so had to hang on the phone for ages.

they do it so, in normal world, they havea chance to retain you.

Hence i always get a deal on everything except Council tax and water rates - if the call handler says they cant help you ask to be put through to the cancellation and retention team - they will be desperate to hold on to you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 69 of 103

Go to solution

I've cancelled my DD and claimed the months credit.  When you call they basically say they can't deal with your request.

If they had offered the clause to pause i would have done that but now am done with BT.

Am done with BT their treatment of customers is disgraceful.  Never had cause to do it before but we should all complain to Ofcom.  Companies should offer online way to cancel contracts when you are out side of your agreement.

they arent providing the service paid for so why should we pay?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 70 of 103

Go to solution

I have stopped my dd why r u making this so difficult for people?

0 Ratings