Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 31 of 73

Re: Cancel BT sport

Go to solution

Hi Matt

appreciate the note but no-one answers the phone.  35 mins i was on hold yesterday with no indication of how many ahead of me or how long the wait.

You dont have an email to contact.

the whole system is rigged to make it as difficult as possible.

Why can't BT be responsible and send all customers an easy way to pause the sports if they wish like SKY have.  all your notes say go the website but its a shocking site to navigate.

You can spend a shed load on redesigning your logo but can't spend on supporting your customers.

A lot of bad feelings being built up right now, i think BT will loose a lot of customers once this is resolved because they aren't doing the right thing!

Highlighted
Message 32 of 73

Go to solution

Exactly this, was just about to post the exact same thing. Impossible to get through on the phones, they know exactly what they're doing. BT are a disgrace right now, my contract has expired so I'm just cancelling my direct debit and will try and get a refund for the £36.49 BT took on the 20th March from my bank. This is one hassle nobody needs right now, thanks BT, absolutely awesome.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 33 of 73

Go to solution
Hi Matt, I want to cancel my BT sport's and I have tried ringing and I can't ring any more due to my circumstances. Can you let me know how I can cancel this additional subscription without ringing and clogging up the phone lines for more vulnerable customers! I would love to be able to do this myself via the BT my account section but of course there is no option to do this...please advise me as there has to be another way other than phoning. Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 34 of 73

Go to solution

Hi, I've just got through on the phone. At about 2 pm the wait time was 50 min. BT gave me 1 month free, I'm in a contract and to cancel my contract £72 😞 but I must pay the usual amount on the 29th from my bank. I'm quite disappointed as the credit was promised last Friday.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 73

Go to solution

0800 800 150, I tried to get through yesterday and had to leave it at 34 mins, currently now at 44 mins and just going round in a loop, there has to be an online option to deal with your services !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 36 of 73

Go to solution

I used the 'cancel bt sports' number from the website. 0800 783 1401. Online chat is down atm, here's a link.

https://www.bt.com/help/?lp_offsite=%7B%22type%22%3A0%2C%22campaignId%22%3A1411944750%2C%22engagemen...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 73

Go to solution

I've been trying to call for 3 days to cancel BT Sports on 08007831401.  Just end up in a loop with no indication of how many people are in the queue ahead of me.  Currently been in that loop for 50 minutes and am about to hang up so I can get on with my day.

I'm a monthly customer and this billing period ends on the 26th.  I'm now going to cancel the direct debit and will use this post as evidence that I wanted to cancel before that.

I'll also not be signing up again once the new season starts. Because it's absurd that I can rack up hundreds of pounds in charges online but the moment I want to cancel, I am made to jump through hoops to reduce your churn rate - it's 2020 ffs!  I never thought I'd see the day where Sky trounces BT for customer service.  I was able to pause my Sky Sports sub by clicking a button...

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 38 of 73

Go to solution

I phoned they gave three months free and I’d have thought that would carry on as long as this does. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 73

Go to solution

To follow up from my message yesterday where I was currently on hold for 44 mins.

After 52 mins, much to my surprise, it got answered, and after quite a while looking at options the guy found me a new package that not only is £3.00 per month cheaper than the deal I was on but also includes the next 3 months of TV / Sports free which should cover the cancelled events when hopefully things begin to get back to normal.

I'm quite pleased with this resolution so hopefully if others just persevere on hold it may work out for you too.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 40 of 73

Go to solution

I'm out of contract so am very keen to cancel BT Sport as the only sporting events I'm interested in aren't taking place...I have made several attempts but have either had to give up after 30 mins+ on hold or have been cut off. I'm in the queue again. It's incredibly frustrating to repeatedly hear the suggestion that I should check out the website.

Now, as has been happening for a week,now, the line has just gone dead after waiting for just 10 minutes. I assume I'll have to dial again. Appalling... and all because BT don'e offer an oline option to cancel. What a waste of everyone's time in these difficult days!

Put a canel button on your website!

0 Ratings