cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveT
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Cancelling 'Free' BT Sport

I have a BT broadband package and signed up to 'Free' BT Sport which I have found I never use. Does anybody have any experience of cancelling the 'Free' package and if BT try to charge for it?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cancelling 'Free' BT Sport

Welcome to the forum. Are you getting BT Sport on TV or just the internet? If on TV you might as well leave it until such time as they start charging BT Broadband customers (they've said they don't intend to but not that they won't). If only on the internet it's simply access to website content and you can safely ignore it.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
SteveT
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Many thanks for the reply, I suppose my problem is that I am seriously considering leaving BT Broadband as they are expensive when compared with the likes of Plusnet etc. I now have an annual date for broadband renewal/negotiation and a different annual date for BT Sport.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

BT Sport itself only requires 30 days notice to cancel.  If you're just getting the free sport via internet or mobile, then that's it.

If you're getting it on BT Vision or Sky, you will have agreed a new 12 month broadband contract to get it free.