Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

Cancelling or Pausing the Big Sports package

hi guys,

how do I go about cancelling or pausing the big sports package as theres not live sports at the moment, I tried finding out information through myBT account but all I get is upgrade offers. Can someone help with more information please.

ta

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 21

Re: Cancelling or Pausing the Big Sports package

Good question, I'm in the same boat and would also like to know the answer.

I assume, you log into MyBT / Your Products / TV & Sport and then click 'manage' but I think you can only do it after 30 days.

At the moment I just keep hitting a landing page telling me that there are no TV offers for me at the moment, I'm guessing this will change once I've had the product for 30 days

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 21

@V_Meldrewwrote:

I'm guessing this will change once I've had the product for 30 days

Well, I've had it for maybe 6 or 7 years and you cannot cancel via MyBT as far as I can see, not that I want to anyway. I just thought I would give it a whirl to check for you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 21

Thanks for trying anyway.

I've just read on another thread that you can change your package online but can only cancel it over the phone

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 21

If you go into ‘Manage’ it should show you the date when you can change your package to another one. So for example I signed up on the 10th March and it says I can change my package on the 9th April.

To cancel completely you would have to speak to BT as there may be implications regarding the minimum contract period you signed up to

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 21

I tried calling BT customer support but I keep getting an engaged tone, tried dialing through a few different phones but I keep getting the same outcome. Is there any other way to contact BT to cancel the Big sport package?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 21

Did you try 0800 800 150?

You may want to make yourself a mug of tea or whatever beforehand as they're not quick to answer at the best of times, but you should get an answer eventually

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 21

As you have the Big Sport pack can you not remove it through MY TV. I thought that was the reason for the new packages, remove or add on a monthly basis?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 21

Correct, everything short of cancel

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 21

I tried everything to cancel, but it says I need to call them. I managed to get through, still waiting in the que

0 Ratings