cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squirrely
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Catch Up Viewing

Why is it there is no facility to watch any previous programme aired by catch up? 

What I mean is, i.e. rugby game on Friday night is not available to watch in full, only the highlights!!

I don't want highlights but the full game to watch in my own time. 

15 REPLIES 15
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: Catch Up Viewing

Worcester warriors versus Leicester tigers is on the BT vision catch up player 1hr 14mins (strange amount of time - pretty much the full game but with a few bits missing)

0 Ratings
Dorsetty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

I have to say I do not care less about about any sort of ball sport, but unlike us car racing fans you do not have your programmes trashed for some pathetic, useless ball sport. (Oh yes I am seething)

Tonight, BT Sport 2 19.00 Rally Sweden - nope, BT didn't bother with that they just left trash, garbage tennis on instead.

Yes, they should have catch up but frankly unless your a ball sport addict there is really not anything on BT sport to catch up with. It is a total crock just like BT vision is.
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 16

Some drag racing on ESPN at 9pm 🙂 also the full wrc review of rally Sweden is on the BT vision on demand section 5 hours worth showing every program

0 Ratings
Dorsetty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Glad to see some are so easily pleased, must be a God send for BT.

If there is a programme schedualed I expect to see it, not have my interests trashed for some idiotic ball game.

A few drips is not enough to warrant BT calling itself a Sport Channel, I do not do gratefull... call it what it is, a ball sport channel not fit for anyone who detests ball sports.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 16

So 5 hours of wrc showing every program broadcast is drips...lol

Just out off interest what else would you be expecting to see

Unfortunately live sports will always take precedence over highlights be it ball sports or motor racing if you cut off someone watching a live sport to show something that you can get on demand there would be a lot more angry people complaining.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 16

@scointer wrote:

Worcester warriors versus Leicester tigers is on the BT vision catch up player 1hr 14mins (strange amount of time - pretty much the full game but with a few bits missing)

For reasons that they have never  explained BT only provide the shorter "extended" highlights programmes of their  prestige Premier League Football & Premiership Rugby in the catchup. These programs are broadcast (with adverts) in a 1hr 30 minute programme slot ... with the ad breaks removed the actual sports program is 1hr 14 minutes.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 16

Thanks zulu that does make perfect sense (wondered why every one was exactly 1hr 14minutes dooh). I suppose you could argue why don't they do a 2 hr slot with some analysis before and after and showing every minute instead of 70 minutes of a 90/80 minute game. But then is suppose it is 6 of one half a dozen of another as some people wouldn't want the boring analysis and would prefer a few minutes shorter game.

0 Ratings
squirrely
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

Not everybody can get BT Vision i.e. I am in Aultbea, Highlands, Scotland and can barely get 6.5MB om broadband let alone try and get BT Vision!!!! BUT, I still have to pay the same as everyone else who can get much higher speeds!!!!

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 10 of 16

Urm? That's enough for Vision, Squirrely.