cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Change Billing for Netflix from Sky to BT.

Go to solution

If I was to change from Sky TV to BT TV (VIP Package) then I would have to transfer my Netflix subscription from Sky to BT billing. What is the procedure (steps) required that would ensure that I kept my current Netflix Profiles?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Change Billing for Netflix from Sky to BT.

Go to solution

The VIP pack doesn't include Netflix. When we changed our Netflix to BT, they had to set up a new account on an email address that hadn't been used for Netflix before. I don't know if this is the same though... 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @NigelB72   Thanks for the reply. Yes, I already know that the VIP pack doesn't include Netflix. There must be a way of transferring the billing of Netflix to BT the same way as I transferred my login and profiles to Sky. Perhaps it has to be done via Netflix. A new ID is not acceptable. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

It may have changed as I set mine up when the BT billing option first launched... I'd give em a call

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

When you ask BT for Netflix it generates an email which shows your interest in joining Netflix, that email then directs you to Netflix to join, if you do then BT start billing you, I've no idea what would happen if you then logged in with an existing account, you'd be better off asking Netflix or keep them separate and have Netflix bill you direct and take an extra Direct Debit each month, there's no financial benefit or extra perks, it's purely for convenience.

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

You are right @-Richie-  you are better of letting Netflix bill you and taking out an extra direct debit. 

I have had Netflix 2 screens plus HD before BT started offering it and never bothered to transfer it over to BT,

Only difference is BT bill you so you dont have an extra direct debit coming off every month.

You are as said not really saving by getting BT to bill you for Netflix.

I also have Prime but not with BT.

I also sort of thinking of canceling BT TV when contract is up in March next year and getting the Now Big Entertainment package with HD add on direct from Now.

Would lose being able to record the Now channels but dont record them that often.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

It is a rather basic FAQ question that BT should have  be able to give a  clear answer to.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @VeteranISPUser  sorry that this was not included on the help page. I've checked out to see if there is a process to move the Netflix account over to BT.

If a customer already has Netflix, direct billed via credit card, then they cannot move that to the add-on via BT. They would need to cancel their account then set up as BT add-on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings