cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 66

Changes to BT TV Channels

Just received this email this morning.

"Alibi and NBC News NOW are being added but National Geographic is being removed.

Later this month, you’ll have access to two new channels as part of your NOW Entertainment add-on on BT TV. NBC News NOW, which features US-based news, will be made available to you on 21st June. This’ll be alongside Alibi, featuring mystery crime dramas, on 28th June.

NOW is removing National Geographic and National Geographic HD from its services on 28th June 2022. This means that this channel will no longer be part of your NOW Entertainment add-on on BT TV."

65 REPLIES 65
Message 2 of 66

Re: Changes to BT TV Channels

bit of a poor deal imho, getting poorer and poorer to the point its not worth having over freeview

Message 3 of 66

Really disappointing, one of the channels worth watching.

Technically not BT fault as it is Now TV losing it but it shows what happens when you outsource your TV to a 3rd party like Now TV.

Message 4 of 66

You'll be loosing some Freeview channels too at the end of the month.

@irradiatedwrote:

bit of a poor deal imho, getting poorer and poorer to the point its not worth having over freeview

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 66

any idea which as looking on google we lost the fantastic kiss chat and date and also the unmissable proud dating, im still struggling to come to terms with that so not sure i could lose any more

Message 6 of 66

@derryviewerwrote:

Technically not BT fault as it is Now TV losing it but it shows what happens when you outsource your TV to a 3rd party like Now TV.

I don't blame NowTV for it, Disney have Nat Geo now, makes sense they want their streaming service subscriber numbers up.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 66

@-Richie- I have a bad feeling that Sky will lose quite a lot of content over the next couple of years, especially sports rights. Discovery have bought Warner Bros/ HBO and will be combining HBO Max into Discovery+ so I'd imagine they'll lose that when the Sky deal ends unless Discovery pull it early. Sky's F1 deal is up for renewal in a couple of years and the head honcho at Liberty Media who own F1 is very friendly with the equivalent at Discovery...

Message 8 of 66

Disappointing that NAT Geo is going but I'm not surprised. Glad to see Alibi being added though. Would suspect that NOW will eventually be Sky channels only.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 66

Sky Channels full of their pretty poor quality originals 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 66

@NigelB72wrote:

@-Richie- I have a bad feeling that Sky will lose quite a lot of content over the next couple of years, especially sports rights. Discovery have bought Warner Bros/ HBO and will be combining HBO Max into Discovery+ so I'd imagine they'll lose that when the Sky deal ends unless Discovery pull it early. Sky's F1 deal is up for renewal in a couple of years and the head honcho at Liberty Media who own F1 is very friendly with the equivalent at Discovery...

100% mate, the next few years will be strange times, Disney, Netflix, Amazon and soon Discovery/Warner will also be competing for content, sports will be between Sky, Discovery/Warner and Amazon.

Just as long as my BT TV box supports them all, I'll be happy, I'll subscibe to which ever has the content I want and affordability.

0 Ratings