cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 66

Re: Changes to BT TV Channels

It appears that the live Nat Geo channel is remaining on main Sky and also Virgin TV offerings so this looks like a strategic decision by Sky to remove it from Now TV. Now TV has it's own competition from the new Sky non satellite broadband services such as Glass getting launched so I wonder is this a crafty move by Sky to get Now TV customers to move to another Sky product. They are also in the process of bringing out another broadband based service which does not need the Glass TV.

Also, Disney is just a catch up service, there are no live streams on it.

At the end of the day with the exception of Sport, BT has outsourced it's TV offering to Now TV so we are at the the 'beck and call' of whatever Now TV/Sky decide.
Message 22 of 66

Or has Disney not renewed with now? The other services are pure TV services.

By the way Disney plus is live just not here yet. In the states they will be live streaming dancing with the stars in the fall. (yep the autumn).

Because now TV is a streaming platform not really a TV service like that I can see why Disney would pull it. 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 66

Alibi is now available on the NOW app as well as in the guide on my box. National Geographic has been removed.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 66

Yeah, Alibi all up and running on my BT youview boxes, all working great, though not on the NowTV sticks we have in other rooms, Alibi and the programmes are all there, but refuse to play, just goes back to the menu when play is pressed, not a BT problem i know, but intrested in anyone else with a NowTV stick having a similar issue?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 66

Yeah, Alibi all up and running on my BT youview boxes, all working great, though not on the NowTV sticks we have in other rooms, Alibi and the programmes are all there, but refuse to play, just goes back to the menu when play is pressed, not a BT problem i know, but intrested in anyone else with a NowTV stick having a similar issue?

I've got it all working fine on the NOW app but the channel won't work through the EPG. When I try to set it up it says "Sorry, but there's an issue". Will hopefully fix itself soon.

Seems to be a good selection of content on Alibi though, looking forward to watching.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 66

On my BT Pro box, 343 (Alibi SD) is working fine, but 358 (Alibi HD) there is picture but no sound. I've tried retuning and a soft reset (pull the power plug out). Hopefully it will sort itself out some time today.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 66

@GarryJ 

Alibi seems to be working on my Now stick.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 66

@BillyM We have the same problem on Alibi HD Ch 358 of picture but no sound. 

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 66

Thanks for the replies, the Alibi channel itself with live television is working fine on the Nowtv Stick, what i should have said was the "catch up" content on the NowTV stick, that is where i am getting problems with the programmes selected refusing to play, i did notice elsewhere someone posting a similar problem but through a app on their Apple tv, so there do seem to be teething issues.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 66

@Brucemeister5 

sound is working fine now on channel 358. Sorted itself out.

0 Ratings