cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Channels going off the bt on 27/5/2022

We have recently taken up the bt fibre but have not had it installed yet in our home.  I delibrately asked the person on the phone whilst altering our bt package were they keeping on certain channels namely Investigation Discovery,also PBS when we were ordering and going over to the bt fibre package instead of what system we have now on bt(very old package I believe).  I was told by the bt person on the phone that that channel would still be on my new system of bt fibre.  
In the latest letter I have received from bt,we are being told Investigation discovery channel  is being withdrawn.

my question is this….will I be able to get Investigation discovery on a dearer package or not on bt?  

If not,we may be thinking of cancelling BT altogether.  Can anybody in BT firm confirm what is happening with this station of 324(Investigation Discovery)  after 27/5/2022 whether you will be still retaining this channel but on a dearer add-on package perhaps?

Time and again,channels  have been slowly being reduced on bt channels and it isn't good enough bt for the money everyone is paying per month for the service.  

Thanks.  

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Channels going off the bt on 27/5/2022

Well BT initially announced

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/bt-tv-channels-ending-in-2021-and-2022
that  ID (Investigation Discovery)  would be ceasing in January ,that was given a late reprieve.

I suspect the answer as to whether ID  channel and content will be available in the future on BT TV will be determined by the result of the the discussions between BT and Discovery. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

If BT complete their deal with Discovery (Eurosport) some of these channels may re-appear. It's suggested the BT Sport/Eurosport "merger" may be announced in the next couple of weeks.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Thank you both of you for your reply to my enquiry. Looks like we will have to wait and see…..Thank you.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Is it definite that we would get the discovery channels as part of the bt sports deal?

My other half wants them more immediate so I am going to sign up to discovery plus as they give you live streams of the channels and boxsets

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Nothing is definite, other than that there'll be an announcement within the next 11 days.

The contents of that announcement won't be known until it's made.

Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the info Darren.  Let us hope they work out a deal soon bt and the ID network…..

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

If a deal has been reached re the Discovery branded channels becoming available again I could finally sever all ties with a competing platform. Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Yep!  Just need this unpredictability to finally STOP.  Not good enough BT to always keep chopping  and changing channels on your packages - some channels never to come back at all that are popular with viewers,as not all channels that are listed on the packages you bought into at the start of taking out BT you can get on your different package add-ons.   
BT have sometimes replaced one channel with another going off the packages - but then,a little while later,  THAT channel stops as well.  Not good enough BT for the money we are paying.  

0 Ratings