cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brimar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Chromecast and the HUB

I have read recently, that to stream BT SPORT using the new Chromecast gizmo, the settings in the Home Hub need to be changed. 

Is this the case, and, what needs to be done ?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Grecian83
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Chromecast and the HUB

I have my Chromecast set up on my HH3 and set up was quick and easy. I didn't need to change any settings.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

I believe that for the home hub 4 and 5...... You may need to disable. the Smart Setup feature on the home hub. Google have a Chromecast Help website with all the details on it I found it easy enough to set up and works well for a Ipad.. ......I haven't got it to work for bt sport casting from a PC yet although other Casts from Pc do work.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 10

I have Chromecast working from and IPad and mobile, but struggling to get my laptop to work. I have a HH 3 and no adjustments were needed.
If you need the help page then here https://support.google.com/chromecast/?hl=en-GB#topic=3447927
0 Ratings
mgw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

I also have Chromecast working fine from an I-Pad including BT Sport.

However, I can't get iit to cast BT Sport from a Win7 Desktop. I can seee the device from Google Chrome, I can cast YouTube and I can cast the Chrome window but as soon as I open BT Sport in the window, the Cast button says "No Cast Device found". 

0 Ratings
merseystan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

According to the Google Play hardware support helpline, BT has not enabled Chromecast for on-line streaming to a laptop/computer. Seems it's a "work in progress"!

I think it might take a rewrite of Microsoft Silverlight - Oh Joy!!!! More buggy apps from yours truly! I upgraded to the latest version of Silverlight, thinking it would help with the "No Cast Device found" - Big Mistake! Bt Sport On-line crashed: "no plug in device found". Took an age to correct it - only just made the start of MotoGP ...... Phew!!

Uninstalling Silverlight incorrectly will cause Mac and Windows users unbearable pain! It has to be done thoroughly - no hidden files left anywhere on your hard drive.

Eventually cleaned up the drive and installed a previous version - not available from the Silverlight update site.

So unless you have an Android or iOS device - I don't - you and I will have to wait for BT to get it's act together ........... and the imperious Microsoft - of course!

Smiley Sad

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Macelliott
Message 7 of 10

Re: How to access BT Sport on Samsung SmartTV via freeview ariel (channels 57, 58, 89)

Has anyone tried the new chromecast dongle in their tv to see if we can get it through a laptop

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 10

Re: How to access BT Sport on Samsung SmartTV via freeview ariel (channels 57, 58, 89)

Welcome to the forum. I moved your post here as it's a more appropriate thread which already contains some relevant info.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

BT Sport only seems to cast from one of the mobile apps.

Trying to cast from a Google Chrome tab and the Chromecast icon cannot be activated. As others have said, probably an issue with Silverlight.

So use your mobile - you are not streaming via the device, you just need the device to instruct the Chromecast to start up its own direct stream.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 10

I find it amazing that I can stream IPlayer using my Samsung Galaxy Ace mobile to my TV in great picture quality.
When I get kicked off the lounge TV being outnumbered I can stream to the upstairs "dumb" TVs.
Great piece of kit.
0 Ratings