cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bridterry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

DISNEY TV

My son has subscribed to Disney TV which he can use to view on 4 devices at the same time. He has his own TV with an Xbox that he used to set up Disney for his TV. At times we watch stuff together as a family on the main TV which has a BT TV Box. It is an up-to-date version of the general box and not the all dancing video recording etc one. No icon has appeared in the Apps screen where BBC iPlayer, Netflix etc are. 

Is it possible to add Disney to our Box or are BT restricting it so that we can only view by buying a package via them?

If possible instructions on how to do would be appreciated

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: DISNEY TV

Disney+ isn't currently available on a BT TV (YouView) box.

There are plenty of rumours around suggesting it will be added to the box in the future, but no precise date is available currently. 

0 Ratings
mmoukiou
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Is your main tv a smart tv? If it's a recent model (around 2-3 years old), it's quite possible that there is a disney+ app for your tv that you can download.

Compatible TV devices:

Amazon Fire TV

Android TV

Apple TV

Chromecast

LG TVs

Roku tv

Samsung

Sky Q

0 Ratings
Bridterry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for post. Whilst my TV is "Smart" it is around 5 years old now and the internet only works for pre-selected Apps. I rely on the BT TV Box for all the latest stuff.

0 Ratings
Bridterry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

A second thought which may be use is that if as you say Disney can be installed on an Android TV then using a separate Android box would presumably work.

0 Ratings