cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjbabbey
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

DO NOT TO ACTIVATE BT SPORTS FOR YOUR PC OR MOBILE APP ONLINE.

Go to solution

Have just spoken to Nichola in "Options" who has told me that because I activated the online/app for BT Sports they would have to cancel those subscriptions and reinstate BT Sports for Youview which could take up to 17 days!

Have already missed several Liverpool matches and now am probably going to miss the first game of the new premier league season. To say I am unhappy/disgusted with BT is an understatement. As i have suspected all along they have never activated my BT for Youview order although they say they sent me a letter (!) which I have not yet received confirming that they had.

WHATEVER YOU DO. IF YOU WANT TO GET BT SPORTS ON YIEWVIEW DO NOT GO TO THE WEBSITE TO ACTIVATE BT SPORTS FOR YOUR PC OR MOBILE APP.

9 REPLIES 9
castleb
Message 2 of 10

Re: DO NOT TO ACTIVATE BT SPORTS FOR YOUR PC OR MOBILE APP ONLINE.

Go to solution
Sound advice which I wish I'd seen before embarking on this wretched saga.
Same goes for BT vision +. I made the mistake of ordering the iOS app via the bt web page - great, easy to order and works well. I then tried to order online a £10 viewing card for my non-infinity bt vision box. Because the ap had been activated, I could not order a card online and was instructed to call bt. But, of course, the help line said they were not taking calls about sports! It took days of calls to sort out ( and even then I can't get it to work)
Good luck
0 Ratings
davyl23
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

I wonder if the problem is something that i am experiencing , i cancelled bt vision in mid july , tried to get bt sports onto sky box activated , but because i have an item pending (vision cancellation) i cannot sign up for bt sports on sky until pending item has passed(mid aug).

so if you sign upto 1 item from bt , is it preventing you signing up for something else?.

0 Ratings
Wire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I activated the app after getting youview + BT sport and I'm told I have to subscribe to get the channels. So are you telling me that's what caused it?

0 Ratings
sjbabbey
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@Wire

I obviously don't know the details of your case. If you have BT Sports already working on your TV then it seems that you automatically have a subscription for the app. However if you activate the app (say because they didn't send you the promised confirmation email for several days or at all in my case or you couldn't see the BT Sports channels on your TV Guide) before BT have activated your subscription for BT Sports on your TV then you will have a big problem.

0 Ratings
sjbabbey
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

BTW the bt.com/sports page does not make it clear that activating the online/app option causes you this problem.

Indeed if I try to add BT Sports for TV via the website it does a scan and comes up with this message:

"Good news!

You've already got access to BT Sport. Watch online at btsport.com or via our Apple and Android apps.

Watch BTSports now

If you'd like to talk to us about upgrading your BT Sport Pack so you can watch via your TV please call us on 0800 731 0286."

Which suggests that it can be sorted out with a simple phone call only it can't.

The message should read

"Bad News ! - You're b*ggered"

0 Ratings
Delphi62
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
They had to delete and reinstate my subscription. It took about 45 mins once I reached the right person. Mind you it took 9 hours spread over 5 days to find that person.

0 Ratings
Wire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

I ordered BT TV YouView + free BT sport HD. Then before it arrived on BT sport launch day I tried to watch it on the online player and was told there was an order on my account so I couldn't. When the youview box arrived I got an email saying the TV service was ready and every indication anywhere I could find (i.e. MyBT) saying the order was complete. However I couldn't detect any Internet channels (ISP configuration 28).  The online player still wasn't working and some people seemed to suggest I needed to activate BT sport in extras of MyBT so I did. The online player now works fine and with an update last night I can now detect all the Internet channels (ISP configuration 29) but it says I need to subscribe.

So you seem to suggest its all screwed up for me.

0 Ratings
sjbabbey
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@Delphi62

Nichola suggested she might do that but told me I'd lose my HD Sports. I said OK but then she refused to do it anyway.

Looks like I'm being singled out for particularly poor service.

Do any of the mods know why this might be?

0 Ratings
sjbabbey
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Well all may not be totally lost.

I got through to the Customer Options team on 0800 800 900 this morning and was helped by Lauren who was able to partially complete adding BT Sports for my Youview box and she kindly transferred me to Julie in the Easy Assist team who completed the job.

I obviously had to queue for calls but the experience was more pleasant and less frustrating than my previous experiences of being bounced between the BT sports team and the Technical Helpdesk.

I now have all 3 BT Sports channels and the 3 HD Sports channels on my Youview box. Success at last.

Having said this I still think you are best advised to sort out BT Sports for your BT Vision or Youview box before you download the mobile app.

0 Ratings