Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrian9595
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Disappointing Tennis coverage

Where is the tennis????

Wanted to watch the wozniaki vs bencic match, but not being shown, much more important stuff to shoiw, like repeats of a finishing show and repeat of a fishing show and moto highlights, not even on any of the extra channels.

Also, recorded a match at weekend but only recorded first two sets, programme overran the scheduled time but you did not adjust the  EPG, so missed the conclusion, very frustrating!!!!!!

Very disappointed.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: Disappointing Tennis coverage

Good points raised -- nothing wrong with giving non ball sport fans alternative options but with all the available sport extra channels now there is no reason that BT could not broadcast it.

As the coverage of the UEFA super cup this week shows BT are fully capable to updating and revising the EPG due to programs overrunning. One can only conclude that they simply don't bother other than for a few marquee progroms.

0 Ratings
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 12

I see they ok to shuffle the tennis around on different channels as well. So you couldn't just take the basic sports option if you wanted to follow it.

I'd love to see them not adjust the planner if a footbal match ran over time and so people recording missed out on coverage.

0 Ratings
leny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Same problem again last night. Williams match overran and as EPG did not update, the recording cut out at the start of the third set.

I did email BT sport earlier in the year about this but never got the courtesy of a reply. 

0 Ratings
PaulLFC
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

@leny wrote:

Same problem again last night. Williams match overran and as EPG did not update, the recording cut out at the start of the third set.

I did email BT sport earlier in the year about this but never got the courtesy of a reply. 

Raise a complaint using this form and then they will have to respond to you, although they have 10 days to do so.

0 Ratings
leny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Thanks, I'll try this and see if they respond this time.

0 Ratings
leny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Just received the following response from BT sport, it doesn't sound as if anything is going to change anytime soon.

I'm sorry your viewing has been affected.

When live sporting events over-run we endeavour to update our EPG as quickly as possible to ensure there is no interruption recordings. Unfortunately there is a delay depending on which platform you are viewing and sometimes these updates are not received by boxes at home in time. We continue to work with our platform partners to minimise these delays. 

We would always recommend to viewers to record the programme following (or an hour worth of programmes) to avoid this happening and missing out.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and we do hope you continue to enjoy all that BT Sport has to offer.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 12

In my experience BT often do not  update the EPG at all ....as is evidenced by looking at the backwards EPG that exists on the Youview platform  for the past 7 days. 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 12

@leny wrote:

Just received the following response from BT sport, it doesn't sound as if anything is going to change anytime soon.

I'm sorry your viewing has been affected.

When live sporting events over-run we endeavour to update our EPG as quickly as possible to ensure there is no interruption recordings. Unfortunately there is a delay depending on which platform you are viewing and sometimes these updates are not received by boxes at home in time. We continue to work with our platform partners to minimise these delays

It is not EPG updates which are needed for indeterminate overruns but proper use of Accurate Recording signalling.  And a more reliable workaround would be to allow the user to set fixed time recordings with built in padding rather than record the following scheduled programme(s) for two reasons:  a) You don't miss the, possibly vital, few seconds of action between the end of one recording and the start of the next;  b)  The EPG update may actually come in half-arsed so it cuts off the current recording but the following scheduled programme is no longer listed and is not recorded at all.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 12

As it happens I was watching an Aussie FA Cup game that involved extra time this morning (Adelaide United v Sydney FC) on BT Sport HD 1.

the EPG guide on Youview was not modified until at least 75 minutes after the program overrun occured ( I checked at 75 minute and 100 minutes - after 100 minutes the now backwards EPG had been updated to show an overun and a removal of the program (ESPN FC)  at 75 minutes it hadn't.)

the EPG guides on sport.bt.com and the IOS app hadn't been updated even after 100 minutes.

Although updated the Youview EPG (post update) was not entirely accurate as the football extended for a further 7 or 8 minutes into the next (second) program slot.

Program recording on Youview stopped at the original scheduled programme finish time of 12:30 - whereas the program really finished between 1:07 and 1:08.

The 1pm scheduled program a rerun of Man U v Newcastle appeare to start (after adverts) 11 minutes after its (current) EPG time and this overun continued with it ending 11 minutes after the EPG time  with the Youview and app EPGs still considering that it ended at the original scheduleed times.

Doesn't seem a very good system of working to me -- an unmanaged overun in a live program is bad enough but not currrecting it for several subsequent programs when it is noticed suggests a complete through review of the current working practises is needed.

0 Ratings