0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Discovery channel to go from Now/BT

There's already a discussion about it Here 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

I don’t believe @-Richie-   that a thread entitled What are my options is a a very obvious discussion thread.

this thread has a much more appropriate tiltle

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

what I find very disappointing is that whilst BT  communicated the move of kiddies channels into the Entertainment bundle  via email they did not communicate withdrawal of any channels.

Message 5 of 22

@zulu17 neither did NowTV/Sky. They kept this one very quiet

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

@NigelB72  If I read terms and conditions of the relevant companies  then I would expect the companies to aim to give at least 30 days Notice. Unclear to me as to why the companies cannot fulfil that.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Well, I got a communication informing me so they are sending out some at least

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

@zulu17 I had a flash back to reading about Discovery going a while back but couldn't remember where I'd read it. I asked on the Nowtv and they denied it was leaving but it also answers the question as to why the Discovery+ app hasn't been released on many platforms and that's because Sky have an exclusive period for the app on everything apart from mobile and Apple devices... I've cancelled my Entertainment and Cinema passes now and have just moved to big sport pack because the majority of the Sky content is awful and that includes most of the HBO stuff. I found it to be typical American rubbish with no originality

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

This was the email I received. It seems to include both the addition and the removal. I appreciate that there seems that different customers received different emails.

Hello,

Your BT TV package includes both a NOW Entertainment Membership and the Kids add-on, so there are two things you need to know:

1) Six channels are going to be added to your NOW Entertainment Membership

From 8 June, these popular kids’ channels will be included in your NOW Entertainment Membership: Boomerang, Cartoonito, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Nicktoons.

These channels might sound familiar. They’re already part of your TV package, because of the BT TV Kids add-on.

Where does that leave you?

If you only use the BT TV Kids add-on for the above channels, you should think about removing it from your package after 8 June (you can do this on My BT). 

But if you regularly watch Nick Jr. Too, the add-on’s well worth keeping.

2) Later on, we’ll be saying goodbye to a couple of channels

After 30 June, you won’t be able to watch Discovery and Fox as part of your package (although recordings from these channels will stay on your TV box until 1 August).

What happens next?

If you're happy with these changes you don't have to do a thing: in June the six channels we've mentioned will be added automatically and Discovery and Fox will be removed.

If you feel otherwise, please talk to us on 0800 028 8723. You have the option of ending your TV service in the next 30 days without paying for early cancellation. 

Thanks, 
The BT Team 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Yes @StewM  that seems a very suitable email whereas  no mention of any channel withdrawals here.

Hello,

Your BT TV package includes a NOW Entertainment Membership, so there is something you need to know:

1) You’re getting six new channels from 8 June

Good news, Boomerang, Cartoonito, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Nicktoons are about to be part of your package. 

You and your family will get to enjoy them as a benefit of your NOW Entertainment Membership. Watch live or through on-demand streaming with suitable ads.

What happens next?

If you're happy with these changes you don't have to do a thing: in June the six channels we've mentioned will be added automatically.

Thanks, 
The BT Team 

0 Ratings