cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Discovery channel to go from Now/BT

Its a shame the Discovery Channel is to be removed from Now as I did watch the Discovery Channel at times.

I got going to be getting Discovery + just to watch the Discovery content and maybe one or two other stuff.

I pay for almost enough for streaming services as it is.

Think I was one of the last people to get an email from BT about the changes to TV service and it really did not say what channels was being removed.

Yes the kids channels have been added to the Now Entertainment/ Big Entertainment packages but some of us dont really need the kids channels. While its good for others.

I was hopping in time that one or two other entertainment type channels would be added to Now.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

Change will occur in TV packages overtime, that is inevitably . My disappointment is the failure of the companies to properly inform their customer base . Trust and confidence is eroded if companies appear reluctant to inform customers. 

As for Discovery Plus well in the U.K. the migration of Eurosport channels and Eurosport player has not yet  occurred so its attractiveness as a paid subscription  for me is less than it would be if Eurosport content was included.When  that migration occurs it it becomes more attractive.

Message 13 of 22

Curious that the timing of the withdrawal appears different on the  BT TV EPG channel compared with the Now Tv app on the box. Ie BT seem to have switched off the multicast channel broadcasts at 9am today but the Now Tv app is still broadcasting the live channel on the app on the BT TV Box  after that time.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

How about Quest, Dave or Yesterday joining BTTV to replace the channels we have lost? I can’t receive these channels through Freeview, so would be a nice addition. 

I notice that Disney+ has Nat Geo as part of its content. I hope we aren’t going to lose that channel too. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

There has been on going rumours that Nat Geo channel may close at some point but that  has not been confirmed so far.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

I'd imagine that NatGeo will go from all platforms at the end of its various carriage agreements

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

I’m a tad late to this party but . . .

I’m not an avid Discovery watcher these days and not too concerned it’s gone and I’m of the opinion it’s no great loss. It was mainly repeats and stuff I’m not interested in but that is my opinion.

What really REALLY should happen is the ability to pick which channels you want. For example I personally have zero interest in F1, Rugby, Basketball (why do they show basketball & NFL?) Golf, Olympics (I see Eurosport’s lack of interesting content has driven them to have dozens of channels following the Olympics and I’d like to cancel that channel too) but  it’s easier to ask why I can’t just pick Football & Cricket? In this day and age it’s stupid not to be able to choose what you pay for. Any argument from BT TV and or Sky that the sports channels cant be split up is bunk. They are on separate channels and can be switched on or off by software.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

@mixstar Sky will let you split the channels if you have Sky Q but the separate channels aren't an option on NowTV. 

Also, Eurosport aren't just covering the Olympics. Discovery Networks have bought the American and European distribution rights and are using Eurosport for European distribution. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

@NigelB72 My point is that BT CAN split up the sports, maybe contractually they can’t, but technically it’s a nonsense, they should be negotiating. I can’t go to Sky and I like the BT/YouView setup, for example I have HD/HDR TV in two rooms simply by buying a reconned box from Amazon with no further charges. I believe it will change eventually, it has to.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

@mixstarwrote:

I believe it will change eventually, it has to.

They used to sort of be split, you could have BT Sports 1 as BT Sport lite or the full pack, eventually it went to the full pack or none.

0 Ratings