cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Do I have to use BT TV box?

Go to solution

Hi.

Existing broadband customer looking at the entertainment offer, but got 2 questions that I can’t seem to find an obvious answer to - it seems too good to be true, so I’m trying to find the catch……..

1. Does it stay at £6 per month for the whole 24 months or does it go back to £17 after the first couple of months? (Not bothered if it’s subject to the usual annual inflation+ price rise)

2. Do I have to use the BT TV box to watch Now and Netflix, or can I use the apps on my TVs, iPad, phone etc? May sound a daft question, and I know if I don’t use the box I won’t be able to record Freeview etc, but I’m only interested in the Now and Netflix access - nothing else, and the box would only be an unnecessary use of increasingly expensive leccy!

TIA 🙂

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Do I have to use BT TV box?

Go to solution

It goes to £34.99 a month from month 4, assuming this is the deal you are referring to?

Screenshot 2022-10-16 165426.png

You are not obligated to use the BT TV box, you can use the apps if you prefer, usual quality and number of devices rules apply. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Sounds a really good offer until you realise how far away 2023 is 😄

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Ah right - thanks - Wow!  I had seen that but thought it applied to new broadband customers rather than existing broadband customers like me, but maybe not.

Thought it seemed too good to be true 🙂

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

I watch NowTV on my Roku stick as the quality and sound is better than the BT box.

Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

@Groovehoobwrote:

1. Does it stay at £6 per month for the whole 24 months or does it go back to £17 after the first couple of months? (Not bothered if it’s subject to the usual annual inflation+ price rise)

Yes, subject the the annual CPI+3.9% in March of each year.

@Groovehoobwrote:

2. Do I have to use the BT TV box to watch Now and Netflix, or can I use the apps on my TVs, iPad, phone etc? May sound a daft question, and I know if I don’t use the box I won’t be able to record Freeview etc, but I’m only interested in the Now and Netflix access - nothing else, and the box would only be an unnecessary use of increasingly expensive leccy!🙂

App access is included yes.

Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

@Groovehoob if you go to the BT website, there is a drop down option under TV  "Add TV to your broadband" which I think is for existing customers https://www.bt.com/tv/add 

Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@stereohavenwrote:

It goes to £34.99 a month from month 4, assuming this is the deal you are referring to?

OP stated they are an existing BT Broadband customer, the offer you've looked at is a new to BT deal, new BT Broadband packages include 3 months free, the deal referenced doesn't apply to the OP.

Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

The deal referenced  by @stereohaven does not apply to the OP as an existing BT broadband customer, however, there is actually a deal to add BTTV for £6 which they would be eligible for. 

Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@stereohavenwrote:

Screenshot 2022-10-16 165426.png

Hence the query 👍

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED