cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cornishmedia
Contributor
1,174 Views
Message 1 of 49

Do not get BTSport you will be locked into a new 12 month contract

Hi all

 

Do not get BTsport before you read the terms an conditions  YOU WILL BE LOCKED INTO A NEW 12 MONTH CONTRACT

 

i was told  that the contract renwal was in an email they sent me  , No it was not  

 

yes i should have read the t&C but i did not i now have anoth 7 months to be ripped off by bt  before i can move to a cheaper supplier

 

if i had the £200 to get out of the contract i would

 

annoyed does not even touch it

 

48 REPLIES 48
Guru
1,162 Views
Message 2 of 49

Re: Do not get BTSport you will be locked into a new 12 month contract

Oh, so you are quite happy to take free BT Sports but at the same time calling BT for ripping you off?
0 Ratings
Reply
cornishmedia
Contributor
1,155 Views
Message 3 of 49

Re: Do not get BTSport you will be locked into a new 12 month contract

if i was made  aware of the fact that the contract would be renewed at the time  no i would not have taken it

0 Ratings
Reply
Guru
1,150 Views
Message 4 of 49

Re: Do not get BTSport you will be locked into a new 12 month contract

Its in the adverts, T&C, sign up process.

Distinguished Guru
1,106 Views
Message 5 of 49

Re: Do not get BTSport you will be locked into a new 12 month contract


@cornishmedia wrote:

if i was made  aware of the fact that the contract would be renewed at the time  no i would not have taken it


Six months ago it was somewhat hidden away in the smallprint on the web pages, but it seems BT have reacted to complaints and now spell it out clearly on the main ordering page.

http://sport.bt.com/pages/sport/BT-Sport-on-BT-TV/index.html

 

In my case it was made very clear on a BT Sport order confirmation e-mail I got several months ago.

 

Obviously we don't know what you were told (possibly over the phone) or what your order confirmation e-mail said, but in general it shouldn't come as a surprise to customers ordering the free BT Sport that they have to commit to a further 12 months BT broadband. After all, that is the whole reason BT have gone on this sport TV journey, to retain BT broadband customers. If you think you were mislead then you can always submit a formal complaint and see what BT say.

0 Ratings
Reply
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
1,083 Views
Message 6 of 49

Re: Do not get BTSport you will be locked into a new 12 month contract


@StewM wrote:
Oh, so you are quite happy to take free BT Sports but at the same time calling BT for ripping you off?

Well, it isn't actually free is it.

 

When you consider that BT broadband costs twice as much as equivalent packages from other providers and prices across BT's products have been raised, there is no way you can call it free.

 

 

 

 

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
1,080 Views
Message 7 of 49

Re: Do not get BTSport you will be locked into a new 12 month contract


DaveBaines wrote:

Well, it isn't actually free is it.

 

When you consider that BT broadband costs twice as much as equivalent packages from other providers and prices across BT's products have been raised, there is no way you can call it free.


Two ways of looking at that aren't there? Don't take BTS and the remaining service costs the same, which sounds to me very much like free.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Reply
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
1,073 Views
Message 8 of 49

Re: Do not get BTSport you will be locked into a new 12 month contract


@pottyperson wrote:

@DaveBaines wrote:

Well, it isn't actually free is it.

 

When you consider that BT broadband costs twice as much as equivalent packages from other providers and prices across BT's products have been raised, there is no way you can call it free.


Two ways of looking at that aren't there? Don't take BTS and the remaining service costs the same, which sounds to me very much like free.


That would make it inclusive.

 

For it to be free then you would need to be able to get it without paying for the broadband.

 

Also worth noting that the recent price hikes and the charging for 1571 and BT privacy are all designed to help pay for this. It isn't free and every BT customer is paying for it to some extent.

 

But it is still a better deal than sky, which is why I have just ordered infinity and committed to BT for a further 18 months.

 

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
1,059 Views
Message 9 of 49

Re: Do not get BTSport you will be locked into a new 12 month contract


DaveBaines wrote:

It isn't free and every BT customer is paying for it to some extent.


But you could say the same about almost any free offer made by any company, from windows to packs of sausages. Maybe banning the word "free" when any money changes hands would satisfy.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Reply
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
1,057 Views
Message 10 of 49

Re: Do not get BTSport you will be locked into a new 12 month contract


@pottyperson wrote:

@DaveBaines wrote:

It isn't free and every BT customer is paying for it to some extent.


But you could say the same about almost any free offer made by any company, from windows to packs of sausages. Maybe banning the word "free" when any money changes hands would satisfy.


I agree. They aren't free, they are inclusive.

 

If someone starts a thread about another company offering "free" products then I will voice my objection in that one too.

0 Ratings
Reply