Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 49

Re: Do not get BTSport you will be locked into a new 12 month contract

@toekneem wrote:

@cornishmedia wrote:

online  i just entered the skycard number and did not read the small print  lol  paying for it now tho

i will be leaving BT in july

Make sure you read the small print in the T&C if you are in contractSmiley Wink

Thing is though, the print should not be small. The fact it is small tells us that BT (and other companies) are hoping the customer will miss it.

Also, I don't understand how we have reached a position where people can enter new contracts just by clicking a button on a screen. What happened to needing a signature?

0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 49

@cornishmedia wrote:

i got bt sport in july  so i presume i can leave in july 

thanks for the info

BT sport began on 1st August. So in your position I would ring up on about the 2nd July in order to give your 30 days notice.

Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 49

@DaveBaines wrote:

Thing is though, the print should not be small. The fact it is small tells us that BT (and other companies) are hoping the customer will miss it.

Also, I don't understand how we have reached a position where people can enter new contracts just by clicking a button on a screen. What happened to needing a signature?

I don't think a signature would help.

If you are not going to read the T&C , you are not going to read the T&C.

Ring up and order things, and they will go through the T&C on the phone, but honestly how many customers will take it in. They will just answer ,yes, yes, yes, yes.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 49

@toekneem wrote:

@DaveBaines wrote:

I don't think a signature would help.

If you are not going to read the T&C , you are not going to read the T&C.

Ring up and order things, and they will go through the T&C on the phone, but honestly how many customers will take it in. They will just answer ,yes, yes, yes, yes.

But in this case the dispute is over the actual contract extension. The OP didn't read the small print about sport extending the contract.

What I think should happen is that any action that extends the contract should result in the customer having to sign something accepting he is entering a new contract. Or, at the very least, should have to verbally agree to a new contract in a phonecall.

0 Ratings
Bellboy21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 49

BT was a National Institution.

A couple of years ago I would hve trusted them implicitly.  Not now.

I have had a few dodgy conversations with the rewal team.   Promises which never appeared.  Free modems which I had to fight to have refunded on my NEXT BILL.   (Irish call center.)

I was also conned into an extended contract to get "free" BT Sport.

Admittedly I tried to achieve this with an old Sky tuner.  Worked for two months last year, then when I lost the signal neither BT nor Sky  were any help.  Numerous phone calls to untrained operatives left me stressed out.

At present, I cannot even get a signal on my PC, (Errror 6030/VC019).  I have loaded two more Browsers and followed the "Fix" procedure, to no avail.

To the guy who defended  BT in Page 1, is that also in the "small print"?

And I still have to pay the inflated charges.

Can someone tell me why I can watch streaming video on my PC from Gems TV and QVC, but my setup is not capable of capturing a signal from BT, my service provider?

DGB

Distinguished Guru
Message 26 of 49

@Bellboy21 wrote:

BT was a National Institution.

A couple of years ago I would hve trusted them implicitly.  Not now.

I have had a few dodgy conversations with the rewal team.   Promises which never appeared.  Free modems which I had to fight to have refunded on my NEXT BILL.   (Irish call center.)

I was also conned into an extended contract to get "free" BT Sport.

Admittedly I tried to achieve this with an old Sky tuner.  Worked for two months last year, then when I lost the signal neither BT nor Sky  were any help.  Numerous phone calls to untrained operatives left me stressed out.

DGB

You need what I have a Call Screener. One that records conversations.

All my calls, Incoming and Outgoing are recorded. Saves a lot of hassle.

What's good for a company to hide behind is good enough for me.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
secondtoughest
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 49

It's only 30 days notice if you get it through Sky though right?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 28 of 49

@secondtoughest wrote:
It's only 30 days notice if you get it through Sky though right?

YES

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
henryhallibut
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 49

Investigate distance selling laws.

You have a right to cancel for some time especially if the deal was done over the phone and inadiquate details have been forwarded.

Everybody likes a quiet life, so if you are enogh of a pain in the *** sometimes they give way.

I'm out of contract and when I called about moving because my email's been bust the price was nearly halved. Go figure.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 49

Depends on what you mean ' thru Sky ' , if you are getting it free on the Sky TV platform because you are a BT Broadband customer, then it's 12 months from when you signed up, if you have broadband with someone else or no broadband at all, and are paying for BTSport not thru Sky but delivered via the Sky TV platform, you still signed up with BT not Sky, then the notice period is whatever is quoted in the T&C's...30 days ?
0 Ratings