cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haribo
Contributor
Message 1 of 26

EPL fixtures released at 9am

Didn't see a thread related to this and hopefully it is on topic.

The EPL fixtures list is released at 9am today and its content will have a big bearing on Bt Sport's first premier league season. Especially as we know that BT has completely exclusive first picks at bank holidays and midweeks.

Nobody knows for sure though what happens with the Saturday first picks. There are 13 of them but some people are claiming that sky forces BT to choose when to pick.

Should be interesting to see the list though because we will know today what big games are likely to be shown by BT on days like Boxing Day and New Years Day.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Haribo
Contributor
Message 2 of 26

Re: EPL fixtures released at 9am

Looks good for BT. They will be showing Liverpool vs Everton at the end of Jan.

0 Ratings
jfsfoster
Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Maybe this thread can be a sticky. And we can make a list of all the BT first pick games which is 18 games. And then a second list of the other 20 games when we know.

http://www.btplc.com/news/articles/showarticle.cfm?articleid=%7B5b3742c3-7ecf-482e-b309-dd5237069dd8...

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 4 of 26

Now that the fixtures are out and other sport coming and only 43 days to launch then before very much longer BT will let us customers know what Android devices the BT Sport app is going to support.

iechyd da

0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 5 of 26

@Paul1360 wrote:

Now that the fixtures are out and other sport coming and only 43 days to launch then before very much longer BT will let us customers know what Android devices the BT Sport app is going to support.

iechyd da

Yes I am very interested in this. I have a huawei android phone and a 9" versus tablet. Would love to have BT sport on these but gutted that neither have HDMI out. Might be worth investing in a new tablet when we know which ones are supported.

0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 6 of 26

BT really do have some great midweek/bank holiday games that they can exclusively pick, with sky showing no games at all in midweek rounds.

BT will almost certainly be showing Arsenal vs Man Utd, Liverpool vs Everton, Man City vs Liverpool, Man Utd vs Spurs.

And they are just the midweek/bank holiday rounds.

These are huge, huge games. I think people now realise how this isn't like setanta or ESPN. BT are a major EPL player.

0 Ratings
ron2000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 26

It does not matter what device you use.

If it is android (probably 4.o or later), it should be OK.

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 8 of 26

ron2000,

It does not matter what device you use.

If it is android (probably 4.o or later), it should be OK.

If only that was true but sadly it's not and this is why "Supported Android devices running Android OS 4.0 ("Ice Cream Sandwich") or later". So if a device is not on BT's supported whitelist then it will not work, if " Supported " was not there then yes I agree with you. I really hope you are correct by the way but the way Android people are being treated by another media provider (Sky) who have "Selected" instead but lists all the Android OS from 2.2 to 4.2.2 in fact only support 38 devices for android which is less than 5% but support 100% of iDevices 10.

As stated I ho[pe BT don't go that way.

iechyd da

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 26

@Haribo wrote:

Looks good for BT. They will be showing Liverpool vs Everton at the end of Jan.

Great! I love a relegation tussle.Smiley Wink

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
andy_247
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 26

@Haribo wrote:

BT really do have some great midweek/bank holiday games that they can exclusively pick, with sky showing no games at all in midweek rounds.

BT will almost certainly be showing Arsenal vs Man Utd, Liverpool vs Everton, Man City vs Liverpool, Man Utd vs Spurs.

And they are just the midweek/bank holiday rounds.

These are huge, huge games. I think people now realise how this isn't like setanta or ESPN. BT are a major EPL player.

Completely agree - BT will be happy with the choice of big mid week games that are available to them, especially as they come at the time of the season when things are starting to really hot up.

However, that's still some way off - BT will know that they need to have some meaty ties at the start of the season in an attempt to give their subscriber base a huge boost. And as we know, there Saturday lunchtime picks aren't quite as straight forward. Fingers crossed they get a few good ones early on. They'll be big bragging rights around the first big game of the season.

0 Ratings