cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy_247
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 26

Re: EPL fixtures released at 9am

I notice that 31st August looks like the first weekend where there's two big games on -

Liverpool vs. Man Utd

Arsenal vs Tottenham

Even if Sky get first pick, probably Liverpool vs. Man Utd - then BT will probably line up Arsenal vs. Tottenham as their Sat lunchtime match.

Obviously this is all assumption, but it wouldn't surprise me!!! 🙂

0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 12 of 26

@andy_247 wrote:

I notice that 31st August looks like the first weekend where there's two big games on -

Liverpool vs. Man Utd

Arsenal vs Tottenham

Even if Sky get first pick, probably Liverpool vs. Man Utd - then BT will probably line up Arsenal vs. Tottenham as their Sat lunchtime match.

Obviously this is all assumption, but it wouldn't surprise me!!! 🙂

No, BT don't have 2nd pics for the weekend games.Only first and fourth. So sky could get both those games.

Everything rests on how it is decided when sky and BT use their first picks.

Everyone seems to be assuming that sky have the control over first picks but that hasn't been confirmed.

0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 13 of 26

The whole system of the picks is extremely complicated but BT have definite first and second picks on the 5 midweek/bank holiday rounds. This is not a official and may be tweaked slightly but here is a list of the games that BT will almost certainly show on those dates:

Sunderland-Chelsea (3 Dec)
Swansea-Newcastle (3 Dec)
Man City-Liverpool (26 Dec)
West Ham-Arsenal (26 Dec)
Man Utd-Tottenham (1 Jan)
Sunderland-Aston Villa (1 Jan)
Liverpool-Everton (28 Jan)
Tottenham-Man City (28 Jan)
Arsenal-Man Utd (11 Feb)
West Brom-Chelsea (11 Feb)

Very good quality games.

The weekend fixtures are a little harder to work out but they will get some games of similar quality. It is unlikely they will get Man Utd vs Man City but they should get around 10 big 'head to head' games in total. They may get both liverpool derbies and both arsenal/man utd games.

Can't wait until July 8th when sky release their TV fixtures and I assume Bt will do so around the same time.

The first game could be anything. If sky utilise top picks on the first week then it is likely that BT will open the season with Crystal Palace vs Spurs or Arsenal vs Aston Villa on August 17th at 12:45pm.

If Sky were to pass on the first week then BT would either show Man City vs Newcastle or Swansea vs Man Utd.

0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 14 of 26

Why is this thread now marked as 'solved'?

It isn't a problem thread. It was intended as an information/discussion thread to be ongoing until we get the fixtures.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 26

Only the original poster can mark a thread as solved. Did you do it in error? Anyway, I think you can undo it in the options next to the post.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 16 of 26

@pottyperson wrote:

Only the original poster can mark a thread as solved. Did you do it in error? Anyway, I think you can undo it in the options next to the post.

Thank you. It looks like I did it in error. I have now managed to unmark it.

I blame windows 8 and internet explorer!

0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 17 of 26

Brilliant ad in the Guardian tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/347815647616581632/photo/1

Beautifully simple and to the point. No gimmick required.

0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 18 of 26

Daily Mail reporting today that Sky have started Project Purple., an initiative designed to "strangle at birth" BT's sport channels.

How pathetic is this?....Sky are going to put their best football league matches on FREE TO VIEW at 12:45pm on Saturdays, up against BT's EPL games.

Just goes to show why some call them Sly instead of Sky.

Well at least they have to use legal means this time. *cough*

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 26

I agree. It shows up just what the benefits of competition are - a myth.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 20 of 26

@pottyperson wrote:

I agree. It shows up just what the benefits of competition are - a myth.

I disagree there. The fact that Sky will show these games free is actually a good thing for people who want to see those games. And the fact that Sky are offering free Sky broadband for sports subscribers is also of benefit to the people on Sky.

What I dislike about sky is the way they are now set on destroying BT sport. They don't want any competition at all.

That is what I like about what BT have done. they have definitely caused prices to be dropped, and access to sport to be easier, across the industry.

0 Ratings