cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 43

Email regarding closure of Disney channels

Saw someone post on social media yesterday they’ve received an email from BT regarding the closure/removal of the Disney channels? Wondered if anyone else has received said email? If so is it pretty generic? Just trying to ascertain if it is a blanket email being sent to all BT TV users with the BT kids packs or are BT only informing specific users at this stage, and if so what is the criteria for receiving said email.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
42 REPLIES 42
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 43

Re: Email regarding closure of Disney channels

Hi @emptydaze following Disney’s announcement I would apply to all BT TV customers

Stew

Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 43

As @StewM says, Disney are closing their channels. It Disney's decision and not BT's

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 43

Thanks-you for your responses. Apologies! I should have been a little clearer, I am aware it is Disney who are closing the channels and their reasons behind it. I was enquiring more about the email from BT communicating this. To me even though it is not the fault of BT I would consider this a significant change to their TV package, and whether said email contains details of cancelling BTTV without penalty, as this is something I am considering doing.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 5 of 43

@emptydazewrote:

Thanks-you for your responses. Apologies! I should have been a little clearer, I am aware it is Disney who are closing the channels and their reasons behind it. I was enquiring more about the email from BT communicating this. To me even though it is not the fault of BT I would consider this a significant change to their TV package, and whether said email contains details of cancelling BTTV without penalty, as this is something I am considering doing.

It’s debatable. BT does mention there may be changes to the programmes during your contract so may rely on that. Nevertheless, they may consider it a material change and may allow you to cancel. We need to see the email they send.

Wonder if there will be a reduction in monthly price 🤪

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 43

If I'm not mistaken in the flexible packages the kids is an add on & not part of the package so wouldn't allow cancellation.

In relation to the price I'm assuming the BT kids @ £5 will be discontinued & the only add on available would be the Now tv kids one

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 7 of 43

@garybs29wrote:

If I'm not mistaken in the flexible packages the kids is an add on & not part of the package so wouldn't allow cancellation.

In relation to the price I'm assuming the BT kids @ £5 will be discontinued & the only add on available would be the Now tv kids one

The Now TV kids doesn’t include the Disney Channels, just BT Kids which is why the price is £5 v £3.99. I have Max 4K and the BT Kids is included within my package.

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 43

Yes I know that's why I pointed out I can see the BT kids being discontinued as an add on & why I mentioned the flexible tv packages when mentioning an ad don. No idea how it relates to the older packages where it's included though

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 43

It is part of the Legacy package I am on, rather than an Add-on. Contacted BT, the guy I initially spoke to didn’t know anything about it, but after speaking to a manger confirmed I should have received an email regarding this mid-August. I confirmed I didn’t, even checked my junk folder. Anyway I proceeded to cancel my BTTV service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 10 of 43

It’s part of my package too. I also have not received any email. 

Stew

0 Ratings