cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 142

Re: Email regarding closure of Disney channels

Still not received anything.  If I get no notification I guess they can’t change my monthly price. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 142

@nostra999 

You will however be hit with this very poor showing by BT, very underhand...

Sneaky UK Broadband ISP BT Inserts New 3.9% Price Hike Clause

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/09/sneaky-uk-broadband-isp-bt-inserts-new-3-9-price-hike-...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 43 of 142

Oh well, that's BTTV going at the end of October for me. Just waiting for my Broadband contract to expire at the end of the year, then it's bye BT for now, and, maybe, see you around sometime in the future.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 142

No emails from BT TV

So I keep seeing BT TV customers posting comments about emails they have received from BT TV about things like Disney channels leaving the service or other emails about prices increases for existing MAXHD/4K subscribers.

I have not received any of these emails.

What is going on with BT TV emails, are some customers simply not being informed of changes to their TV service?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 45 of 142

Re: No emails from BT TV

All affected customers are notified with at least 30 days notice, emails are sent in batches to avoid everyone contacting at once and avoid high call queues, how you receive the notice depends on your preference, either letter or email are the options, if you have yours set to email, it's advisable to add the following to your email address book and avoid it going into spam/trash folder :

Staying in the loop
Add btcomms@info.bt.com to your address book to make sure our emails always get to your inbox.

The changes for Disney were sent in July and August, the channels will be removed on 30/09/2020

Price changes for legacy TV plans are also still in progress, so not all have been sent, the changes happen on 01/11/2020

If you think you've been missed, give BT a call and make sure your contact info is accurate, it's not always the same info as your BT ID, you could also ask to be sent letter notifications, there's no cost for it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 142

Thanks @-Richie- 

It's not just me, there has been many others posting on the forum saying they have not received any emails from BT TV.

I have not received any email from BT TV for around 12 months.

Something feels broken with the whole BT TV communication system. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 47 of 142

I suggest people check their spam emails

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 142

Hi @jam2000 

It's not a spam issue, the emails are not going out to customers.

I've never had an BT email go to my spam folder.

I believe the the whole issue is a much more fundamental.

So I have done a detailed search through my emails and this is what I can tell you.

The last "Your bill is ready to see online" I received from BT was on 16th July 2019.

The address it came from was btcomms@info.bt.com

So for over a year now I haven't received any "Your bill is ready to see online".

Before that I got them each month.

The last email I received from bt.athome@ecomm.bt.com was in June 18th 2020.

And was related to how BT was reopening after Covid-19.

I had an email from BT on 15th May 2020 about "Watch the Bundesliga on BT Sport", again, new BT logo.

I had an email from BT on 6th April about !How we're helping to keep you connected", new BT logo.

I had an email from BT TV was on 9th March 2020 that was related to "We're changing your prices in line with CPI inflation" and had the new BT logo.

But basically, I stopped receiving billing emails from BT around  16th July 2019

And general communication emails around 18th June 2020

Highlighted
Guru
Message 49 of 142

Hmmmm....being on the Max4k package, contract ending 23 Dec 2020, I have not received any correspondence regarding the Disney Channels, increase in package price or even offers to migrate to the new packages.

Perhaps my account is exempt from these changes 🤫

Stew

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 50 of 142

So @StewM 

My TV package ends a day after yours! 24th December 2020.

We should keep in touch and compare notes!

0 Ratings