cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 43

Re: Email regarding closure of Disney channels

No comms here and have bt kids. It wouldn't cause me to leave the service but would be interested in the comms.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 43

I’m on the legacy MaxHD and have had no comms either. No interest in the children’s channels but would appreciate being told officially about channel changes. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 43

Something  cdoesn’t sound right here. According to BTTV’s terms and conditions they need to give you at least 30 days notice for any changes to your service. Disney announced the closure of their channels in June so it isn’t like they’ve not given plenty of notice. I appreciate this reduction in service is not the fault of BT, but with the future of the Legacy Pack channels already in question and all offers from BT to move over to NowTV would mean a significant price increase, combined with the expiration of my TV license at the end of September it felt like the right to for me personally to leave.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 14 of 43

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the comments in relation to the closure of Disney channels.  I can see there are some unanswered questions, so I have spoken with the relevant team to garner the info to answer your questions, I trust this will clear up any confusion.

• In one of the legacy TV packages, BT Kids is included in the monthly subscription.  Will the cost of this package be reduced to reflect the loss of kids?

Given the vast amount of content we offer on our TV packs with up to 49 channels available, we won’t be reducing the price.

• What about my right to cancel my BT TV package because of this change? 

If you would like to discuss your options, please speak to our Loyalty team on 0800 800 150.

Cheers

Sean

Highlighted
Expert
Message 15 of 43

Following the iminent loss of the Disney Channels - it seems the tv bill will increase by £4 from 1st November.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 43

Thanks @SeanD for posting on the thread and bringing some clarity.

However, the point of the thread seems to be about whether customers have indeed received an email informing them about changes to their TV package.

Some customers seem to have got the email, while some others, including myself have not.

Surely any significant changes to a TV package should really be relayed to all affected customers?

This there an email preferences settings somewhere linked to our accounts that could be affecting who is and who isn't receiving these emails?

It all seems so random?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 43

We've not received any notification either but came to the conclusion many moons ago BT don't believe in telling us anything.  

I.e not told about price increases​, not told about free halo upgrade etc

Probably the only exception would be if you didn't pay your bill, having always paid on time,  wouldn't know.

Not bad for a communication company!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 18 of 43

The price rise is well hidden - I only found it when I had a look to see what the tv offers were they keep flashing at me in my account.

TV package price changes

You're currently paying £18.00 a month for your current TV package.

From 1 November 2020 your TV package is going up by £4.00. Your new price will be £22.00.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 43

Hi @ozsat 

I completely understand where you are coming from, I do think BT are at risk of losing customers through increasingly complex pricing, BT was until recently was always about consumer clarity.

Just so you know, BT, SKY, and Virgin are all governed by an industry watchdog called Ofcom.

Their website is here... www.ofcom.org.uk/home

In February 2020 Ofcom mandated that companies like BT, SKY, and Virgin MUST  tell customers about their best deals, the link is here...

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2020/companies-must-tell-customers-...

I quote...

• Providers must now tell you when your contract’s up, and what their best deals are
  • 20 million customers are out of contract with many paying over the odds
  • Ofcom launches #InOrOut campaign to help people slash their bills today

Phone, broadband and pay-TV customers must be warned when their current contract is ending, and what they could save by signing up to a new deal, under Ofcom rules coming into force tomorrow (15 February).

So you get the idea...

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 43

I still haven’t received any communication about loosing channels or a price rise. I guess they could be sending the communication out in batches to stop the call centres from being swamped with enquiries. They’ve certainly done that in the past. 

0 Ratings