Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mike101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: Error Message "VSP112 - Please wait whilst we activate your card"

Go to solution

I had this problem with my original Sky/Espn veiwing card. I  was told several different reasons (all wrong). Eventually spoke to the number they advertise on the promo channel and was told my account had never been set up for BT sport thru my BTvision box (despite being told several times everything was ok!) Anyway 24 hrs later watching BT sport with my original Sky/Espn veiwing card on my black 512 vision box non multicast software copper asdl!

0 Ratings
steven_100
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

Hi, my BT Sport issue is now resolved...

See my other thread here: http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport/BT-Sport-VSP112-error/td-p/965246

There seems to be two issues which could be the reason:

1. As mike101 suggests, the account has not been set up for BT Sport through your BT Vision box, or

2. Your viewing card is not registered for BT Sport (this, I think, was my issue, despite having a previous BT advisor in technical 'activate' the card)

Exceptions team seems to be the only way of sorting this (I was placed on hold for a long time whilst they sorted out a problem THEIR end in the background)... this may be your answer?  I hope so!

0 Ratings
anwright
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution
mike101 & steven_100 thanks for the updates/suggestions. I'll let you know how I get on when they ring me back.
0 Ratings
anwright
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution
Rang the help desk again as I did not receive the promised call back within 24 hours. A helpful guy spent 10 mins reviewing the problem & promised a call back from tier 2 support. This happened within 5 mins, who determined I have an "old" BT hub which is preventing my viewing card being "paired". A new one is being despatched & I am assured that once I activate the viewing card with the new hub installed all will be well.

I'll post an update when it happens.
0 Ratings
anwright
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution
New hub delivered & installed. Fresh software automatically downloaded when I set it up & connected - looked promising. Cleared the channel list & reloaded. Inserted card & activated after two attempts.

But - new error message along the lines of my card does not seem to be correctly registered for BT Sport. On the phone for 40 mins having been asked to redial twice - now seems there is an issue with the card & I am to expect a call back within 48 hours
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

Interesting what they said about you needing the new HomeHub to pair the viewing card. It may be correct but I can't remember seeing any other post that suggested certain older HomeHubs wouldn't work with a viewing card. It's true that if you want to get the channels over broadband (multicast) then BT say you need a HH3 or HH4. I wonder if they got muddled up with that? Even if it was a red herring I suppose you have at least got a free Homehub upgrade out of it. Smiley Happy 

Which version did you have before and which version did they send you?

See  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13909/c/1243,1245,1257

When you talk about fresh software downloading do you mean on the Vision+ box or firmware for the HomeHub?

0 Ratings
anwright
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution
I had a BT Voyager 2110 & I now have a HH3 (FoC, as you rightly point out!).

I noticed the software download after I'd connected up the HH£ & successfully activated the viewing card - message on the screen said something about new software being downloaded to the Vision + box, not the HomeHub.

Interestingly, the error message I was receiving (VSP003) after the card was activated disappeared later in the evening & channels 58 & 59 seem to be fine now. Hopefully that's my problem fixed, but I'll wait until the promised ringback materialises before closing this down.

Thanks for your interest.
0 Ratings
anwright
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution
Here I am over 2 days later & the promised ring back has not happened. H

However, channels 58 & 59 now appear to be working fine with no error message, do I'll mark this thread as solved - but BT please note only one out of five promised ring backs actually happened - not good.
0 Ratings
couttsba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

after many phone calls and the same excuses card not paired , wrong software on box etc, got my old viewing card replaced and BINGO I have sport

0 Ratings
mike101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

Spoke too soon.  Original Sky/ESPN card stopped working this afternoon. Not subscribed message,. After an hour  I was told a new card had been ordered by the system (news to me). I have not received any new card - was told it was only done yesterday. Question WHY CANCEL OLD CARD SEVERAL DAYS BEFORE NEW CARD COULD POSSIBLY BE DELIVERED?

By the way perfect timing - lose the service a day before the football kicks off.

BT you are incompetent and not fit for purpose.

0 Ratings