Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Error code btp 11178

Go to solution

Hi have signed up for bt sport yesterday still don't have the channel on my bt box yet the error code is btp-11178. Can get access to bt sport via app and xbox but nothing on the BT youview box ? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Error code btp 11178

Go to solution

Hi @Devoyc welcome to the forum and sorry you cannot access BT Sport on your BT TV box. The first thing to check is that the order has completed. Please log in to your MyBT and check the order is completed.

If the order is complete then go to settings and check that the software is up to date on the BT TV box.

Then restart your hub and wait for the hub light to go blue then flick the switch at the back of your BT TV box and check if you can now access the BT Sport channels.

If you are still experiencing a problem viewing the channels and are looking to watch it this weekend then please call us on 0800 800 150 and our faults team will be able to help you further.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

My order is not complete it's due to be completed by Monday the 29th. I can't understand how I don't have access to these channels the now TV channels came on instantly ? Is there any way I can get the BT sport channels today? I have tried all the methods above and still get the BTP 11178 error code. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Devoyc, I'm sorry but the BT Sport on the Youview box won't work until the order completes as the multicast service needs to be activated on the broadband line, you'll only have access via the app in the meantime. Can you cast the App to your TV in the as a workaround?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Okay thanks for that I can get it on my xbox for the time being.
0 Ratings