cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 14

F1 on BT TV.... Options?

Is the only option to get F1 to subscribe to all Sky sports channels? I only want the F1 so I can record as don't get to watch the whole thing live often.

I believe from 1st March Sky are doing a £10 option for F1 only, not sure on details though.

Thanks
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: F1 on BT TV.... Options?

As far as I am aware ( I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong).

BT only do the Main event  (and main event extra) channels and at a single price, all sky will allow them to have under the legacy agreement and has long been a bone of contention.

In the next few months BT will get the full suite of SKY Sports channels under its NowTV agreement but again NowTV only have a single pass for sports for all the channels (you can't pick individual channels) and I beleive this will be exactly the same for them on BTTV.

The only way you can get the individual F1 channel is to get the full SKY satellite service with it's minimum order and contract.

0 Ratings
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 14

Ah.... That's bad. C4 only have highlights this season, apart from British is live.

Don't mind NowTV but as you've said at moment is only movies on the NowTV app on BT, but biggest problem is it's only line and not recordable which is what I need.

Don't want to subscribe to Sky for just this specific use as well, although that's obviously the way Sky works ie take it all and not licence it for other networks etc...
0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

I believe tthe £10 offer was for existing Sky customers. Last year they did a 9 month Sports Pass for 150 quid which covered the F1 season, I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same again.

Wouldn't you be able to catch the repeat showings of races on Now TV as an alternative to recording?

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 14

Not sure how it will work but it has been said that the NowTV channels on BTTV will be recordable :-

Last December the two firms confirmed a content cross-supply deal which will see Sky make its full Now TV service available to BT TV customers, giving them access to the firm’s entertainment channels as well as the full line-up of Sky Sports and Sky Cinema channels, with Sky getting wholesale access to BT Sport in return.

The deal ended a long-running row between the two firms over access to one another’s content.

Today it was confirmed that customers will be able to record Now TV content, with the feature also going live in time for the 2019/20 Premier League season.

https://www.seenit.co.uk/sky-to-become-exclusive-home-of-bt-sport-in-ireland-now-tv-to-be-recordable...

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 14

I'd forgotten about that, that'll be around August time won't it, the start of the PL Season?

The pricing will be interesting.....

0 Ratings
MartG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

I've just read that BT have lost the Indycar coverage too 😞 Guess I'll be cancelling my subscription 😞

https://motorsportbroadcasting.com/2019/02/26/bt-sport-loses-indycar-rights/

0 Ratings
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 14

That mentions Ireland all the time though not UK, will it be the same?

How will it work? Will the NowTV app just allow you to record directly to the BT TV box HDD? Hope so be great for me then.

Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Trace-T
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Re: Indycar
Gutted to hear this 😞
Was the main reason we subscribed to BTTV...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 14

I  thought IndyCar rights here came under ESPN International agreements . However it appears that the IndyCar owners setup their own media rights company to  sell/manage the  international rights for 2019 onwards. 

0 Ratings