cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 9

F1 practise sessions on Now TV demand: How long to wait?

Just trying to organise my day keeping across both MotoGP and F1 practise sessions and was wondering how long I need to wait before Now TV makes the F1 practise sessions available on demand?  For example, I would be happy enough if I could watch FP1 mid-afternoon and FP2 when I come home from finishing my evening shift at work.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: F1 practise sessions on Now TV demand: How long to wait?

Probably better asking now tv as they're responsisble for the content

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

Browsing the Now TV user forums suggest that no-one really knows for sure as it is a comparatively new feature but 24 hours for most sport seems to be a consensus. Which is no good for F1 if planning to be totally caught up ready to watch the race itself live.

Looks like back to Plan A which is to watch the FP1 rerun late this evening and the FP2 rerun tomorrow morning. Actually that is Plan B as normally without a sports pass I just watch highlights on Youtube but this is the first race since demand was made available that I have an active pass on the go and I like to get my money's worth on top of the footy coverage I actually bought it for.

Of course I could move from my legacy BT TV package to one with recordable Sky Sports but that would mean losing recordable Eurosport for superbike coverage which given it usually clashes with so much other higher profile sport over a weekend means it gets bumped to being a mid-week treat.

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 4 of 9

F1 may take a while has P1 is been delayed by several hours due to bad weather.

UPDATE: P1 was cancelled.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

No FP1 coverage posted but there was FP2 coverage which basically gives me the Sky sourced chit chat about paddock news and gossip which is a big part of why I follow the practise sessions.

Something to have on in the background while catching up with all the forums etc I follow after finishing work this evening.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

@gomezz looking through the on demand section, it would appear they only put race highlights on demand

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 9

@gomezz 

The practice session is available now. "Eifel F1 GP: Practice 2"

EDIT: that's on Sky Q. Maybe NowTV doesn't get the same amount of content? Would you know @NigelB72 ?

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

@Anonymous @gomezz  FP2 is on NowTV now. Go to the F1 section and not F1 catch-up

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 9

You get the entire season to date on Q. A long time since I've had Now TV so unsure what they have in comparison. Thanks for checking @NigelB72