Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
d2098329
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

FA WSL coverage

I see that all three of the FA WSL October and November picks involve Arsenal, with the BBC and BT. this means that every single Arsenal FC match will have been televised, Liverpool have already played traditional rivals Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United, we also play Everton on 17th November 2019 at 2pm, not one of these were televised.

if these were the men's fixtures, all three would be televised.

The Manchester United v Liverpool match which got played at 28th September 2019 at 12:00 PM had a long enough free slot to be broadcast on ESPN.

Liverpool v Everton is on when the men play internationals.

And as the other Arsenal FC WSL games will have been televised, will the Liverpool game v Arsenal be televised on BT or the BBC, like all Arsenal WSL matches before it.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: FA WSL coverage

I think all the FA WSL games are televised live on the FA Player. 

I see that BT Sport are showing the West Ham Women v Tottenham Hotspur women this weekend .Now while you may consider  the Man Utd v Liverpool Women game today to be of more significance I suspect there are other factors.

For example the West Ham game is being played at the clubs main stadium,the former Olympic stadium and in a time slot where there is only a slight  overlap with live  Premier League coverage.

the  Liverpool Women game today  was played at a time which significantly overlapped with the Liverpool’s men’s  Premier League game which BT was covering live,

Looking ahead to the Liverpool Everton Women’s derby match in November that is occurring, it looks like BT Sport are covering the Tottenham v Arsenal Women game that is taking place at the club main stadium.

As with the Manchester derby  earlier this season that took place at the Etihad it does seem that games played at main stadium are likely to be televised.

0 Ratings
d2098329
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: FA WSL coverage

I understand that a game played at the main stadium may be televised, but I just find it frustrating that it seems to be the same teams televised, particularly Arsenal and I find it even more odd that I can also view Reign FC v Portland Thorns from THE USA live before I can view my own women's team on TV.

0 Ratings