cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Football no crowd noise

How can you watch the football in hd with no crowd noise? As far as I can see the crowd noise is on the hd channels and when you press the red button although there is no crowd noise it is not in hd! I pay for hd channels for the football but shouldn't be forced to listen to the fake crowd noise! Why is there not an option to watch the football with no crowd noise but in hd!?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Football no crowd noise

Hi @Simon9 

Have you tried the BT Sport Extra 1 HD

Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Where is that option please? Theres no channel option for bt sport extra, when I press red button it goes straight to no hd with no crowd noise, I'm with virgin but have top sports package with hd + ultra hd bt sports

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Simon9  probably best to check with Virgin or their community  as they would distribute the feed that BT supply  to them under their wholesale agreement.  For yesterdays game the natural sound was on the BT Sport Extra 1 channel on BT own platform.  So yesterday there were 5  linear TV channel streams   BT Sport 1  , BT Sport 1 HD , BT Sport 4K  (with created crowd sound ) plus BT Sport Extra 1 , Bt Sport Extra 1 HD (without). BT sport own App also provided additional features.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

I heard on the radio yesterday that they were going to review the popularity of artificial crowd noise with the viewing public which would influence whether they go with or without for the main broadcast with the less popular option as the the alternative broadcast (Red Button, BT Extra channel etc).

They also said that some teams were employing experienced West End theatre sound engineers to mix the sound on the fly while others who could not afford that using in-house staff to do it which will affect how well it works for any match.

(I could be getting mixed up between crowd noise added by the broadcaster and that play through the stadium sound system and picked up by the club TV streaming service  effects microphones)

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Is there an option to add crowd noise? I personally can't watch football without it... Would be good if there was an option within the bt app for this to be enabled please, thanks

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Did anyone find the option to add crowd noise on bt sports hd ? It's a painful watch without any noise. 

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

BT have usually been putting crowd noise on the main sport channel coverage with no-crowd noise coverage on on of the Extra channels.
0 Ratings